Can i add fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that really doesn't make sense at all. I would never test 2 and not the main 3. just because you are showing ammonia doesn't mean theres no nitrates.

that makes no sense. any established reef tank with a decent bioload will show amm-0 trites-0 trates- 0-20, prob more often 10 or below. what im gathering from your statement is that if I test my amm and trites and they are 0, I can assume that my trates are 0. which is far from the truth.

I don't recall mentioning an established tank, nor did I hypothesise about every tank.

I merely hypothesised that testing my tank for nitrate when I didn't have nitrite isn't really required.

This is a CYCLING tank, so why would I waste nitrate testing agents when I KNOW I only have ammo present?!

But with visible Ammo and 0 nitrites I've found 99% of the time that testing for trates is wasted.
looks and sounds like you are speaking in generalities. I personally don't care what you test on your own tank, however im sure im not the only person that read your posts and came away with a completely different aspect that's different than what you supposedly intended. the only point im getting at is that you should never skip over testing nitrates based off the other 2.

looks and sounds like you are speaking in generalities. I personally don't care what you test on your own tank, however im sure im not the only person that read your posts and came away with a completely different aspect that's different than what you supposedly intended. the only point im getting at is that you should never skip over testing nitrates based off the other 2.

So you're telling me when you start to cycle a tank and you add your ammo source, that you test all 3 levels?

Because I've only just started cycling so based on past experience an knowing that the bacteria is slow growing I felt it safe to assume that testing for trates wasn't necessary.

If you already have the test kit for nitrite than why not? Just take 5mins of your time to make sure your what your perams are without taking the risk

Added some new rock last night to add more filtration.

Think the coralline algae is spreading already too!

Attachments

• image-2480148314.jpg
    image-2480148314.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom