Can I add more fish too my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. I've got an internal filter and a large external filter plus a bubble curtain that runs the back of the tank.

Mmm, my experience has been that I keep losing guppies in the higher flow, but then again mine mostly have very long fancy tails. My bettas also tend to be very sluggish and hide a lot when in the colder/faster waters. They seem much happier at the 78-80 range in slow water. I ended up moving my hillstreams to a different tank after attempting to keep them with guppies and a betta in my 75 gallon because no one seemed happy and I kept losing loaches.

Everyone seems ok at the mo. But my guppies do have ripped tail fins. Is that why this is happening then?

Most people say that bettas can't stand high flow when there are lots of us who have kept them in tanks with high flow filters and they love playing in the current. The 2 I have now prefer swimming in the current actually.

And guppies, it could be due to the tail size. The bigger it is, the harder for them in the current.

Personally I'd rather keep the hillstreams since they're fun to watch. Get a group of them, throw in an algae wafer and sit down.

Yeah I've noticed a lot of the danios and all of the tetras are playing in the bubbles now!! They are funny to watch.

I do love watching them when I've fed them. I've never noticed the hillstreams eating the wafers but the albino Cory's and even the silver dollars try to eat the wafers. The Cory's grab them and pull them into the hiding holes!!!

Honestly I'd suspect the barbs over the betta for the torn fins. Barbs are notoriously nippy. Bettas usually will go for the gills before they attack the fins from my experience if they're mistaking the guppies for other bettas. Flow level could be bothering fins, but I'd suspect either fish nips or maybe sharp decoration edges first.

Melafix help protecting fish with eaten fins.

It has been proven that Melafix can actually cause damage to fish that use labyrinth organs, so please do not use this when any bettas or gourami are present in the tank! There have been several fish that have "drowned" after Melafix damaged their labyrinth organ to the point that they could no longer breathe from the surface.

It has been proven that Melafix can actually cause damage to fish that use labyrinth organs, so please do not use this when any bettas or gourami are present in the tank! There have been several fish that have "drowned" after Melafix damaged their labyrinth organ to the point that they could no longer breathe from the surface.

Sorry, I didn't know it.

Back
Top Bottom