Can I add more stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 26 gallon

3 neon tetras
4 black tetras
1 red & blue tetra
3 red platys
2 guppies
2 spotted catfish
2 mystery snails
1 pleco

Can I add anymore fish into my tank? I want to add another guppy to increase my male to female ratio.

More guppies would be fine but I would be worried bout that Pleco in 26 gallons

I have a 26 gallon

3 neon tetras
4 black tetras
1 red & blue tetra
3 red platys
2 guppies
2 spotted catfish
2 mystery snails
1 pleco

Can I add anymore fish into my tank? I want to add another guppy to increase my male to female ratio.

You need alot of tweaking. All the tetras need at least 6. That being said, you don't have room for 3 schools. If you up the neons to 10 and remove the other 2 you will be good also, add 1 more guppies

You need alot of tweaking. All the tetras need at least 6. That being said, you don't have room for 3 schools. If you up the neons to 10 and remove the other 2 you will be good also, add 1 more guppies

IMO upping all of his schools would still fit just fine. Also if the spotted catfish are Pictus they might get hungry so to speak

IMO upping all of his schools would still fit just fine. Also if the spotted catfish are Pictus they might get hungry so to speak

3 schools of around 5 fish is 15 fish? That's too many for a 26g. I think only up one school to eight or ten and then drop the other two.

I don't have another tank to get rid of any of the small schools though so I have to keep them all

Well which school do u recommend returning ? Ive had the black tetras for over a year along with the red and blue Tetra. So I can't return them, then newest ones are the neon tetras and I've had them for 2 months

Well which school do u recommend returning ? Ive had the black tetras for over a year along with the red and blue Tetra. So I can't return them, then newest ones are the neon tetras and I've had them for 2 months

I would return the red and blue tetra. What are the black tetras? Black skirt tetras? Black neon tetras?

I would return the red and blue tetra. What are the black tetras? Black skirt tetras? Black neon tetras?

The red and blue is a year old to, and I'm not sure, I think black skirt. Look at my profile pic, that's what they look like .

Back
Top Bottom