Can I add something?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I recently decided with yoyo loaches over Cory catfish. I eas wondering what I should do/ add?

1 apistogramma
1 German blue ram
1 swordtail
6 cherry barbs
3-4 yoyo loaches( what number? )
2 bumblebee gobys
1 dwarf gourami

I was hoping to add either 1 or a combo of the following
Addition 1-) 3 guppys
Addition 2-) 1 pictus or rapheal catfish
Addition 3-) clown or bn pleco
Addition 4-) beefing up schools of barbs and loaches to 8 and 4
Addition 5-) school of phantom tetras or harqulin rasboras
Also, do I need to do without the dg? I currently will have 3 medium sized caves, 2 minnature ones for the gobys, 10ish fake plants and 1 large driftwood with around 5 niches and books for cover. What do you think?

29 gallon

Well I don't yet have anything, but I plan on
1 apistogramma
1 German blue ram
8 cherry barbs
5 loaches(yoyo?)
3 swordtails
1 dwarf gourami
Would that be overstocked?

No It doesn't but with the loaches I would look into Khulis. Or reduce the amount to 2.

I think I'll do kuhli. And I'll choose this
8 cherry barbs
3 swordtails
4 kuhli(2 black, 2 stripes)
1 apisto
1 gbr
1 dg
2 bumblebee gobys

I think I'll do kuhli. And I'll choose this
8 cherry barbs
3 swordtails
4 kuhli(2 black, 2 stripes)
1 apisto
1 gbr
1 dg
2 bumblebee gobys

As I stated in 2 other posts this is way too many fish for a 29g. Then you have 1 GBR, 1 Apisto, and 2 BB Gobies, all bottom dwellers and now you want to add 4 loaches. A GBR as previously stated needs to be added about 6 months down the road as they don't do well in new tanks. You need to do some serious research about tanks, bio-loads, and get information about each fish you want to stock. You have to pick and choose which fish are the most important for you to have. This is a more appropate stocking list from the fish listed:

6 Cherry barbs
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Sword
1 Ram or 1 Apisto (pick which one you want most)
6 Kuhli Loaches or 2 BB Gobies (again pick which one you want the most
but Kuhli's would bethe better choice IMO)

Then you need to have good filtration and do weekly 50% WC's. By trying to add too many fish you are going to have too high a bio-load and water quality will suffer if stringent water/filter maintanence isn't practiced. You also want fish that use different areas in the water level.

You don't want to do ram-apisto-loaches-bb goby or any more than 2 of these types since they are all bottom dwellers, its just too many fish that all use the same area of the tank, plus that tank bottom is not that large. So it doesn't matter about not getting the DG you need to pick only 2 bottom dwellers which in my opinion would be a ram and kuhli loaches or an apisto and kuhli loaches.

Get males and females!

X2apisto (pair)
X3-4 khuli loach
X3 swordtail (2fm1m)
X1 pearl gourami

This is it except OTO's if you want oh and shrimp but might be snacked on

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom