Can I get a plant ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRagg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My guess is glosso or some type of clover. Very small leaves, only 1-2 leaves per plantlet, and it has runners in between the plantlets.

This was a straggler with some dwarf sag that I bought (must have been broad leaf and not narrow leaf). Anyways, I'm giving the sag to someone else because it is NOT the same plant I have in my tank. But I'm keeping this ground cover thing. Not sure if it will even grow though.

Can anyone ID this?

Attachments

• newplant_624.jpg
    newplant_624.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 19
I've got medium light, I'm guessing there's not much chance I can get it to grow right?

I've already planted it. Wasn't too hard, just cut the runners and planted the plantlets with tweezers.

Thanks for the help.

I've read it likes high light. It will probably still grow in med light but it will grow up towards the light, not stay flat like a carpet. This is my first experience with Glosso as well. What the heck, try it and see what it does. If you don't like it, pull it out!

Some people have had luck growing Glosso carpets under 2-2.5 wpg (medium light) so I would say go for it. Like Glen says, if it doesn't get as much light as it likes it will grow upward and get a bit stringy rather than spreading laterally and forming a nice carpet. It is also highly recommend that you use/supplement with CO2.

I've got 26W of CF over a 10g tank, which Ozz's calculator calls "medium light" exactly. I do have to dose nitrates and other macros as well. I've got a Hagen CO2 into a ladder and a DIY CO2 piped into my aquaclear.

Hopefully it grows a little. If nothing else, even if it doesn't it looks kind of neat having green bits on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom