can i have any Gourami with my setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently i have guppies, a couple red wag platies, some schools of cherry barbs and neon tetras, two angelicus botia loaches, otocinclus (4), and i have some red cherry shrimp. (Yes i know my loaches may try to eat the shrimp, but i was initially told otherwise, so now i have them. Unable to catch shrimp to rehome them. So far all is well) anyway, can i have any Gourami in my tank. 60 gallon long with AC110 Filter. Just one? Or will two be ok?

Currently i have guppies, a couple red wag platies, some schools of cherry barbs and neon tetras, two angelicus botia loaches, otocinclus (4), and i have some red cherry shrimp. (Yes i know my loaches may try to eat the shrimp, but i was initially told otherwise, so now i have them. Unable to catch shrimp to rehome them. So far all is well) anyway, can i have any Gourami in my tank. 60 gallon long with AC110 Filter. Just one? Or will two be ok?

Gourami tend to be fin nippers so your guppies may get picked on. The shrimp would prob be a snack also.

You can add one, I'd be more worried about them eating the RCS rather than fin nipping the guppies. If the shrimp have plenty of hiding space, it will work wi no issues. :)

I would stay with getting a Pearl, Honey, or Dwarf gourami if you decide to get one. These IMO are you safest choices to add with your current shrimp.

I have 2 giant gouramis and one pearl gourami in my 55 gal with a small betta and other fish and so far everyone gets along fine.

I would stay with getting a Pearl, Honey, or Dwarf gourami if you decide to get one. These IMO are you safest choices to add with your current shrimp.

Yes, i went with a dwarf gourami. Very pretty fish or as it is said in mandarin he is a piao liang yu.

Like everyone else has said the only true worry would be about your shrimp, as long as they have hiding places to go I don't think it would be a problem. I had two Gourami's in with guppies and I never had a problem with tail nipping. Unless the gruppy was picking on the Gourami.

Back
Top Bottom