can i turn a 10 gallon tropical fish tank into a saltwater tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samanthajean0x

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i was wonder, if i could turn my 10 gallon started tropical fish tank into a saltwater tank. its one of those tanks that came with a filter, and some fish flakes and water condistioner.

You certainly can, although you'll probably want to add or upgrade a few things. I would suggest doing some reading before tackling a SW tank, as FW and SW are pretty different in some respects. In such a small tank, staying on top of water parameters is crucially important, but it is doable. Also keep in mind that you will be limited to most likely 1 fish, although there are a number of cool inverts that you could have also. With the stock tank lighting you won't be able to keep any corals but a FOWLR (fish only with live rock) tank would work well and is a good way to start. I had a 10g FOWLR before I went to a 30g reef.

well i have a fancy salt water tank that cost my like 150,and then more for the rocks and stuff, i got it like a year and a half ago, and i want another tank just to house dwarf seahorses, but my mom said i have to pay for it myself, and i have a LFS that sells these ten gallon start kits for like 25 dollors. and then i would just get the other stuff that i needed to accomidate the seahorses, and i wouldnt have to worry about buying rocks because they dont like them to much.

Back
Top Bottom