Can I use Hiatt's Right Now! Bacteria for the 24 hour cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidhefey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So Hiatt's Right Now! Bacteria +tri carbon claims to fully cycle a saltwater tank in 24-48 hours /if/ I follow the instuctions.... is this true? Does anyone have experience with this?

I also put some nutrafin cycle... which i read on some reviews that it doesn't actually cycle the tank but cause mini-cycles. If I get Hiatt's Right Now! Bacteria... will they conflict? Thanks.

I'm not sure I would expect either of those to cycle a tank. Unless those were refrigerated, theres no way for the bacteria to stay alive and even then not for very long. I would ditch both and just toss in a cocktail shrimp.

I don't have that (at the moment lol) so I just put a bunch of frozen brine shrimp and fish flakes in hope its like a cocktail shrimp lol

Do you have a liquid test kit? Don't over do it with the shrimp and flakes.
Those instant stuff you mentioned work but are limited in success. You still have to monitor and it don't happen over night. How much LR do you have in your tank?

I have ammonia/ph/kh/nitrite test kit

I only did it twice, once with 3 small cubes of brine shrimp on the 13th , and probably 4 days worth of flakes for a small community of fish today.

LR? Hmm maybe 15-20 pounds in a 14g nano

Great, don't worry to much about PH as it will be pretty unstable at first.

Back
Top Bottom