can you raise a convict to be friendly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convicts are a central american cichlid they will always be territorial claiming a spot or cave or hiding place in your tank and it will defend it and chase or nip other fish coming close to it this type of behavior will never change. That being said the severity or intensity of this aggression us sheer luck and randomness. If you buy a convict young and raise it with other fish similar size it may be more tolerant of them but there is no science to it sorry. And whatever you do dont mix sexes of convicrs they breed like rabbits and there is nothing fiestier then mating convicts. Welcome to the world of cichlid keeping !

Yeah I own a breeding pair of convicts and was wondering if I cab raise a young one with my rams without the rams being eaten

yeah i understand your concern and am glad you research into it before you did anything, but its just a matter of time before.......

Yeah I own a breeding pair of convicts and was wondering if I cab raise a young one with my rams without the rams being eaten

Well rams are more on the semi aggressive side and still respect territory if you plopped him in there young and raised them altogether they may do ok but there is no gaurentees you won't wake up one morning and be missing a ram or two or find one stuck to your intake tube lol

Well rams are more on the semi aggressive side and still respect territory if you plopped him in there young and raised them altogether they may do ok but there is no gaurentees you won't wake up one morning and be missing a ram or two or find one stuck to your intake tube lol

Rams are more on the peaceful side than anything.

Back
Top Bottom