Candle question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperGirl117

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is completely off topic but reading some of the stuff you guys come up with you guys are pretty thrift and creative.

I have candles that I really like. Sun kissed leaves and vanilla icing. Even better my husband likes the smells!! Do you think it's possible for me to melt the candle wax when they are completely melted and when the wax is liquid make like layers of the two smells and make my own candle? Does the wax eventually lose its smell?

Im not sure about making a new candle? But you could melt the two together let them cool in a sheet and break that up in pieces to use in a candle warmer. I think the smell is stronger and lasts longer. When the wax loses its scent I use it (in an empty carboard egg carton with dryer lint) to make fire starters for our fireplace! Im all for thrifty :) good luck

Woodwicks make Trilogy candles, with three different scents, layered.

Their parent company I think is Virginia Candle Company and they have jar candles with 3 layers as well.

They should be smells that world smell good when combined together, you can look them up and see what ideas they make up.

Like the dryer lint firestarter idea, for camping.

Im not sure about making a new candle? But you could melt the two together let them cool in a sheet and break that up in pieces to use in a candle warmer. I think the smell is stronger and lasts longer. When the wax loses its scent I use it (in an empty carboard egg carton with dryer lint) to make fire starters for our fireplace! Im all for thrifty :) good luck

See that's why I asked!! That's a great idea!! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom