Candy Stripe Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 46 gallon tank that I'd LOVE to add some type of a pleco to. I realize that Common Plecos are to large (or will grow to be to large) so I've been checking into smaller species. In doing so, I've completely fallen head over heals for the Candy Stripe Pleco. I think they're are beautiful! I would love to add one (or two if possible) to my tank.

My question is, how rare are they to find in local pet stores? If they are so rare and I can't find one, I'm left with the option of buying online. Has anyone ever ordered a fish from liveaquaria.com? Is this type of purchase risky or harmful for the fish? Any input would be appreciated! :)

- Mandy

id check your lfs first, unless your willing tro pay the 40$ shipping. maybe they can order u 1

I google imaged the pleco, and you're right, they really ARE beautiful! And I think if they're hard to find at your lfs, it really WOULD be a better idea to ask the lfs if they can order it FOR you, it would probably be alot more economical that way!

(*adding candy stripe pleco to my list of fish to get in the long run :wink: )

There uncommon but not that rare to find in fish stores. I live in alaska and they run about $11 dollars for a small one up here cause we;re considered overseas. They are beautiful though and they dont get that big either, only bout six inches or so.

I love bristlenose plecos, but that is about all we can get in Australia. I wish we had the variety available that you guys do.

Back
Top Bottom