Canister filter for Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sunsun canisters are actually very quiet. Put of hardly any sound. And are pretty cheap compared to their quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I checked the sunsuns out and the most expensive claims 525gph if that's true for the price I might have to pull the trigger on that one

Craigslist is my best friend when it comes to canisters lol

After much debate and research I think I'm going to go with the eheim 2217

Yeah I checked the sunsuns out and the most expensive claims 525gph if that's true for the price I might have to pull the trigger on that one

This canister filter does run this much water just make sure about 1time a month that its not getting to bad dirty and such. I've hada one for about 5 years and the thing still runs water like brand new.

That's a good idea cause my CL is pretty limited on fish stuff too but there's a couple good full set ups out there.

I have a Fluval 406 on my 75 gal tank. And I have an Aqua Clear hob on my 45 gal tank.
I like both filters but I think the cannister does a better job and it is very quiet. I got mine on sale at Drs Foster and Smith online.

I used to run the Fluval 306's, and they did a good job. But I now run 2 2217's on my 125. I like the fact that all the water goes thru all the media, and none bypasses it. It comes in thru the bottom, and has to come out the top. My biggest issue is here in north Houston, the filters can be hard to find. Petsmart and petco don't carry eheim. So I usually order from Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom