Canister Hose Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been attempting to DIY an ouflow and an intake for Cascade and Fluval canister filters. I am unable to get the correct outflow, so I've got to DIY one out of PVC.

I've got 3/4" PVC, but the hoses on both filters are 5/8". I've got a 13mm Lily Pipe Spin attached to a 307, but I had to use a smaller hose and a reducer, which made the current way too strong.

Since I can't use 1/2" PVC because of the too strong current, I got 3/4". Is it possible to fit 3/4" hoses to both filter types and secure them correctly? Or would it leak? Would it negatively affect the filter? If it leaks, can I use something like Fluval's rubber hose connectors to fit two different hose sizes together?

I don't need replacements. I need to be sure that replacing the ribbed hosing with 3/4" hosing so it'll attach to some DIY intakes and outflows will work.

As in not leak, not burn the motor out, not increase/decrease the current of the filter, and not decrease the effectiveness of the filter. The DIY outflow will decrease the current, it's a Lily Pipe Spin.

Oh. Thought maybe you just wanted to shorten them up. I have seen over the years users replacing the hoses, for various reasons but I haven't ever done that. It seems I probably ran across the info from looking at set up and maintenance videos and threads. It might be found on you tube.

That particular version (I have less sophisticated FX5s), have technology to adjust water flow depending on things going on in the unit.

Maybe consider calling or emailing Hagan about the connections. I have had the better luck calling into their customer service number (though those times were before Covid).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom