Can't get my water totally clear, normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrzap

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm using ecocomplete substrate and my tank has been established for some months now, but my water, especially when viewed long way through the side of the tank, always appears slightly cloudy. I am not sure if its the fluorescent lighting (previous tank was incandescent) that I am not used to but it seems like I have very fine particles floating around which are dense enough to cause the slight cloudiness. Is it because I am using a dirt gravel like ecocomplete?

I have the eclipse hood filter going along with a fluval 204. Is this normal with a natural gravel?

Can you tell what color the cloudiness is? If it's green, then you've got a slight green water bloom.

Nothing dead. Its not a omg suddenly its not clear thing either. Its been like this ever since the tank has been established.

I have 8 tetra, 2 algae eaters, bunch of shrimp, 4 male endlers.

I have lots of plants.

It looks like a very very fine particularite floating in the water. Do those crystal clear waters additives help at all?

air from your canister filter? have you tried vasoline for the joints connections followed by a reprime? check that all the connections are 'air' tight?

Moose

try turning off the filter while the lights are on... If it goes away then we can relate it to the filter. If it stays cloudy then it could be bacteria / cloudy water.. Try backing of the lights a touch and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom