Carbo-Plus Co2 System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caribou

Aquarium Advice Freak
:?: Is anyone out there using the Carbo-Plus CO2 system (carbon blocks). Does it work and will it work on a 90 gal tank? Thanks!

I have not used it, but I've read every customer review on a forum...its a no go.

First off, it's not enough for a 90gallon. You'd have to have 2-3 units/blocks to get good CO2 levels. That alone will make it more than double the start up cost of a fully automated pressurized setup.

Add to that the maintenance (the metal block holders have to be de-scaled every couple months) and the cost of carbon blocks (nearly 3x the cost per block as opposed to a 5lb CO2 cylinder re-fill...and you'd have two blocks to replace).

Yeah, it's really not worth it at all.

Thanks Malkore. What would you recommend at the most cost effective route. Should I go with a full pressurized system? A DIY? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks! Caribou

The initial costs of a pressurised system are higher, but it's cheaper in the long run.

If you can afford it, please buy a pressurised system. I just had a whole lot of trouble with my DIY setup. I'm thinking about getting a pressurised setup now. With a 90gal and DIY, you would probably need like 6 or 7 bottles! My bottle seams with the silicon leak air, my yeast won't start, or has a super start and is done in 2 days, etc. And that's always with 2 cups of sugar in each bottle and so on :evil: .

Back
Top Bottom