Care,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My toddlers tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
So last week tested the ammonia surprised to see between 0 .25ppm so I did a pwc and add more meds for our slimy growth.
Had a road trip with hubby today found an awesome fish store, never seen anything like it in my life, hubby pulled me out kicking a screaming lol joking but not far off,
but not before I could get an ammonia remover and a new tank cleaning system for the inside glass.
So I came home and added my carbon filter back now the meds are done and I added some new water and I added the ammonia remover then decided to trim the tops of my wisteria because they were now growing sideways across the top I planted the tops I cut in the rocks at the bottom and added some ferts.
Hopefully the green slimy substance is gone now but at least I now that I can get the remedy locally and I am going to give it a week or two to watch the plants and see how they react to the snip snip.

Our glow light tetras have been eating the wisteria pieces that were freshly placed at the bottom of the tank. Lol so we will see, hopefully we will have a healthy tank in a couple of weeks and I can add some fish in with our betta and glow lights so some really cool ones at the new store but will have to do my homework to see if they are comparable with our under water world

Good night all,

Just thought I would share :)

Can I ask what products you used? Ammonia remover media is a big nono in a tank IMO. It steals the ammonia from the bacteria colony. .25ppm of ammonia isn't going to harm anything. An amount so low indicates to me that the test kit is slightly out with its result, you did a water change recently and the chloramine is registering or there is some type of waste build up. Regardless, the bacteria should be able to consume it.

I used the test kit from API I can't be sure when I tested or not if it was at zero I got one of those filter bags for the aqua clear filter 30 since I have a 20 gallon. I plan to upgrade my filter to an aqua clear in a couple of months when I get a handle on my Christmas bills.:( but the kids had a great Christmas.,

I thought any amount of ammonia was bad so I thought I would take action like that as I am not a fan of the chemicals. So it could be removed very easy, now if I was to remove it could I rinse it and save it if I needed it again in the future or did I just flush that money down the drain?

I'm not familiar with how exactly those bags of ammonia remover work so I can't answer if you can save it or not. Sorry. But if you do have an ammonia problem in the future it's best to address the problem and preform water changes to remove it.

Didn't take it out, but I tested the ammonia and it is 0 now. I did however notice that the water is crystal clear again it hasn't been that way in some time.

Going to our lps tomorrow after work it is going out of business and everything is on sale time to upgrade the filter :)

Back
Top Bottom