Carey's 40b Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to have another clam, but I'm scared I may kill it like the first one I had. lol

Cant' wait to see what kind of coral and fish are available up north, it's kinda ghetto down here in Florida. lol

I was out of brine and bloodworms so I made the trek out to daytona, and why waste a trip just for food! I picked up a HUGE HUGE cinnamon paly polyp and two polyp blastomussa. They both look good. :)

Now to get over the stress of having someone caring for my babies. I still have to write up an instruction sheet for my best friend on all the tanks. I have my fingers crossed that I come back to everything being alive and well. I am going to feed heavily before I leave at 4 am and my friend is going to come every other day to feed and check things out. My poor fish are gonna starve lol. They are used to be being fed a few small meals a day, I hope they can deal.
I have a decent sized stryofoam cooler in the car ready to go too! Made sure that was packed up first. I am such a fish/coral head. :-D

Don't worry, your fish will be just fine! (Though it would be cool if you could hook up one of those web cams to your phone!

Stay in Penn., go to the east and you will find ich for sale, trust me! Lol

Last edited:
Cant' wait to see what kind of coral and fish are available up north, it's kinda ghetto down here in Florida. lol
Don't get your hopes up. My favorite local store is known for affordable dry goods. They don't seem to take very good care of their coral tanks. Bizarre if you ask me. there are three stores in a couple mile radius from me. There is also "That Pet Place" about an hour and a half west. They boast the largest pet store in the world. Pretty awesome place IMO.

Hmm dry goods huh? I think I can maybe find stuff there that I need lol. I've ordered from that pet place before wasn't aware that was close by. What town is it in?

Years and years ago there was martins aquarium in jenkintown, but the partners couldn't agree on anything so they went their separate ways, also I was just at that fish place yesterday selection is good but it seems as though their coral prices are creeping up

Good ole Martins! That store was great. Yes, TPP's coral prices are dear lately. 3" clams were offered for $150.00 when I was at the NCPARS swap. It's still a cool store. It's in Lancaster, Pa. Carey.

my parents live in York pa, so i may have to look for that while im up there next time. speaking for buying corals/fish from foreign lands, i should be passing by you Mr.X sometime over the next few months. (not sure the exact date yet) would love to pick up some corals

So the funeral fetivitiess are finally over. really cold day up here, twenty degrees is not the weather for a funeral. :-(

BUT I think I will make the trip out to thatpetplace tomorrow. I figure I will get a small tank that fits into the cooler I have and maybe stock up on some new corals. :)

Hping to hok up with Mr X on Saturday, let me know if you are free for a bit then Doug. :) Doing something other than funeral stuff will be a nice day.

Yes, it is really chilly here in Connecticut too! Brrrr.

I hope you enjoy your visits! Sounds fun!

Sorry you weren't up here for when it was in the 60's a couple days ago Carey. For my side of the state, it literally dropped 40 degrees during my shift at work and turned to freezing rain. Was pretty nasty.
In terms of going to ThatPetPlace, I want continued updates, isle by isle! I've still never been.

Hey Carey, when you're out at that pet place make sure to check out the stingray petting tank and if you go all the way back to the rear left hand corner of the building there is the discount tank room, there's usually a variety of goodies to be found

Back
Top Bottom