Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am definitely gonna use the glass tops though, I plan on some jumpers. LOL

Do youthink the led light would penetrate through the glass though? I have my doubts...

Idk what you can do is go to a petsmart near you where they sell them then try it out afterwards return it and order it cheaper online

I don't see why they wouldn't. My moonlights penetrate through my glasstops without any issue at all. Only downside is you gotta keep them salt free

hahaha so is the tank i was planing on using it on.

eh it really doesnt matter. im getting a good light for 30$, so cheaper than the leds...i just thought it was funny that i was told no dont use em and here for carey its yeah that would be great for this tank.

a word of caustion that my research dug up and was cautioned about on my 40g fowlr build.

they make a 36"-48" fixture for the double brite (marineland) i thought it would be good on my tank because its only 36" long and would have better coverage. and once you put it on a 48" long tank you get darker spots on the ends.

Yeah, not sure what I'm gonna do about the lights now. :-( I should just keep the t5 fixture I have. Just would get more money for the 55g setup if it had the lights. lol

coffeetwitch said:
hahaha so is the tank i was planing on using it on.

eh it really doesnt matter. im getting a good light for 30$, so cheaper than the leds...i just thought it was funny that i was told no dont use em and here for carey its yeah that would be great for this tank.

a word of caustion that my research dug up and was cautioned about on my 40g fowlr build.

they make a 36"-48" fixture for the double brite (marineland) i thought it would be good on my tank because its only 36" long and would have better coverage. and once you put it on a 48" long tank you get darker spots on the ends.

Mine where just moon lights, and we told you not to get them if you where getting corals. I am curious to see them, so when the get up and running, please send me pics.

Yeah I was thinking I can get away with the cheapo ones. Just concerned about what my lfs said about the bulbs failing. I know for a fact that there will be no corals in this tank so I don't want to spend alot of money in the one instance that I can actually go cheap on something for once. :-D

This is so frustrating! I have almost everything I need for the build BUT a stand. One of the most basic and not so expensive items. And also the 55g is in the way, but I could break that down to bare tank and put it in the garage and make way for the 90g. I just don't know when someone will buy my tank setup and thats all that's holding me back from starting. grrr..it could be tonight or next week for all I know.

So I've been thinking on the cycling now since I got 250lb fo rock now. LOL
I WAS gonna move 50lbs from my 125g and put 50lbs of the base back in it's place. Now I'm thinking I may hard cycle the tank with all the base rock I just got. Well, not all of it, I don't want more than 120lbs or so in this build.

I was thinking of having alot of active fish so I want archways of rock and some other cool features I couldn't do in a reef what with having corals to be considered as far as rock placement.

if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts please share! I'm stuck in a build and need to feel I'm making progress even though I'm not. LOL

Oh yeah!!! I have it pre drilled, my first real tank! I have a wet/dry with skimmer and all my pumps and hose. I have all the rock. and then some lol. I have the prefilter kit with all the parts required so I could hook it uptoday if I could. I wish I could. I;m kinda bored and I have so much to do. I have to go outside and rinse out filter socks and start moving 250 plus some lbs of rock outta my car. And then rinse it all and dry it out. Then it's on to water changes...

Because I want it dry for now, I don't have the 90g up and I don't want to put it in the 55g cause I'm selling it.

is that wrong?

It's dry base rock right now all dusty and dirty so I need to take it and rinse off the dust and stuff. It was in someones storage locker that some guy bought so it's been a few years or so.

Back
Top Bottom