Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay one more post! haha I've read that when they change their minds it's always after bringing them home from the store (maybe all the shipping stresses?). If you had the spare tank set up for it you could ensure its eating well and is good and fat before moving it to the nano (retrain it if necessary). If it's not, move it to the 55 gallon.

Sounds like a plan kelsey. I just wanna do whats right is all. I really really want that fish. I would sacrifice the clowns if I could get the mandarin. :)

Did my water tests and came up with 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and about 10 nitrates.

What do you think it means? Should I keep throwing fish food in the tank and keep making sure ammonia disappears? My cuc is still alive and kicking too. :)

I think so too : ) so excited to see what your first addition will be!

I took a video of my mandarin eating frozen foods, I'll post it for you tomorrow since today i have my final (last one!!!) and then easter supper with the family. It will be a video of encouragement that it can be done haha.

Thanks guys that all means alot to me. :)

I think I'm gonna order the 3 gobies next week, I'll still keep testing of course though, just to be safe.

is it normal to have ammonia for a few days and then no nitrites? I was gonna do a small water change to try to get the trates down a bit further but don't wanna mess anything up lol

Well im guessing because you had some die off it threw your bacteria out of balance a bit. Youre bac that converts ammonia was the first to die off then the others in succession but it wasnt sitting long enough to equal out so...

Well I'd say it can happen. I had an emergency filter replacement in my FW tank (I kept all the media though), and after that I saw .25 of ammo but no nitrites showed up. That's probably what you're seeing.

Cool. I'm pretty good with alot of the sw stuff but the cycling always confused me if it wasn't the normal amm-->trites--->trates

Thanks, I feel a bit better now. :)

LOL I hope it lives up to all the hype. This is my 7th time around. I think I'm getting a better feel for it as I go. Can't wait to do the 125g reef, now that should be a ton of fun :-D

Just found a baby starfish on my lr...awwww. And i still have a ton of pods in it too. I'm debating changing the rock yet again...

LOL I hope it lives up to all the hype. This is my 7th time around. I think I'm getting a better feel for it as I go. Can't wait to do the 125g reef, now that should be a ton of fun :-D

Just found a baby starfish on my lr...awwww. And i still have a ton of pods in it too. I'm debating changing the rock yet again...

lol better to do it now before there are fish in the tank! I think i still like the big open cave the best, then if you ever get low light corals they can be happy underneath it. Like the sun corals, they wont even open in bright light but if they were underneath they would.

I just changed the rock around AGAIN lol. I left some open plateaus on top for potential corals. Theres also a TON of space in front got fishies to swim and stuff. I plan on stocking this really full and I think the space will make it easier on the creatures that go in. Unless I'm mistaken, just let me know.

I have like 10 more lbs of LR now kelsey than when I did the cave thing. I may try another arrangement though, try to make a cave maybe.

img_1322739_0_63583fbcf38f8f22e31d6c3e9c15db2d.jpg

img_1322739_1_3785854d36a0f2454da10f7b08df3d76.jpg

img_1322739_2_6a177c8a2ad60a84eb13945c26c5097e.jpg

Thanks wolf youre sweet. :)

Anyone think I should bust up the base rock on the left side? I've been debating....

Back
Top Bottom