Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am thinking of taking an adventure! I know I need stuff for my fw filters but I could stop by the coral store.....Unfortunately that store I don't trust their fish just their corals. They are the ones that sold me that killer snail a few weeks back, if you caught that thread. lol

carey said:
I am thinking of taking an adventure! I know I need stuff for my fw filters but I could stop by the coral store.....Unfortunately that store I don't trust their fish just their corals. They are the ones that sold me that killer snail a few weeks back, if you caught that thread. lol

Oh, the monstrous snail killer... Thing looked cool though.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd even trust their corals if that had happened to me...

No, I missed that one.
Good luck, Carey!
It's a funny coincidence that UPS delivered my cube on the same day as you got yours and today I'm planning a visit to a lfs, too, to get stuff like testing supplies, maybe sand, etc. Lol

I'm thinking of driving an hour in the opposite direction now, which opens up new possibilities. if I go to my regular store I know they will have half of what i want to stock. They wont have the candycanes or citron goby but they will have blennies and other gobies.

I also want 3 sexy shrimp and I know they have them and one peppermint which I dont think they have.

I was also interested in 3 of their scarlet hermits but they are $3 each.

Should I go and if I do should I buy a fish for the cube?

No, I missed that one.
Good luck, Carey!
It's a funny coincidence that UPS delivered my cube on the same day as you got yours and today I'm planning a visit to a lfs, too, to get stuff like testing supplies, maybe sand, etc. Lol

Time to start your biocube thread!! You have the cube thats a great first picture! lol

It's very cool to have one place to ask all your questions, I love my build threads. I start them from the second I get the tank though LOL.

But yeah start one up and ask whatever hasn't been addressed in my thread and bettababe's. :)

Haha...sorry I fed into your paranoia :) I can't wait to see pics of your new fishes!

carey said:
It's very cool to have one place to ask all your questions, I love my build threads. I start them from the second I get the tank though LOL.

But yeah start one up and ask whatever hasn't been addressed in my thread and bettababe's. :)

Yeah, I start my build thread like, half a year before I have my tank. *Snicker*

So even if it's only been a week do you think it's safe to add some life other than cuc? My tests have been perfect minus the ammonia color chart issues. I have low nitrates, 2.5 2 days ago and under 10 on api today. The salinity is at 1.0235, I want to adjust that up just a hair. The temperature is a solid 81 degrees though. Day or night. Got to thermometers in there and they each read the same, the heaters been unplugged since yesterday.

Am I ready? Or should I wait? I know we are all axious but what should I do?

I'm leaning towards it being fine in my gut but the little angel on my shoulder is telling me to wait. I hate the good and evil sides of me fighting lol

Lol. Listen to the angel on your shoulder. Not the koala bear. (It's a joke that me and my friend have, pm me if you want me to elaborate)

News update. I went to wipe down the glass cause it was all dirty but lo and behold it wasn't dust or dirt it was pods! I have a few hundred of them on my glass. LOL Not even a snack for a mandarin but it's a good sign. I hope I have a total pod explosion like I did in the 55g. There were millions on my glass for days until they all got eaten. hehe

News update. I went to wipe down the glass cause it was all dirty but lo and behold it wasn't dust or dirt it was pods! I have a few hundred of them on my glass. LOL Not even a snack for a mandarin but it's a good sign. I hope I have a total pod explosion like I did in the 55g. There were millions on my glass for days until they all got eaten. hehe
Congrats! (y)

LOL I'm still dawdling here. i really should get to the fish store. I just know if I go though I'm gonna end up with a couple things. I just can't control myself. A blenny would be good for the first fish I hope.

Might be posting from the pet store guys! I'll try to get better shots of the snowflakes too if they are still there. It's like fate that they haven't been sold yet. hehe although at $180 a pair it might not just be fate

I got a scooter blenny! He is acclimating now so in a few hours I'll hopefully have pictures!

They were all out of sexy shrimp and peppermints. :-( And the cleanr shrimps were $24! eek

carey said:
I got a scooter blenny! He is acclimating now so in a few hours I'll hopefully have pictures!

They were all out of sexy shrimp and peppermints. :-( And the cleanr shrimps were $24! eek

Yay, scooter!!

Back
Top Bottom