Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol thats good i still dont understand TBH they just go one day no i dont want this prepared food i want pods and i won't eat unless i get them

Yep pretty much. Maybe of you started to feed pods in with the diet they would lean off of it and eventually just stop eating prepared.

Took some pictures, the shrimp finally came out for a second. The scooter looks a little better to me today, looks a little more full. :-D

img_1330149_0_e24897f8b1dc606cda5966ee0c9bf526.jpg

img_1330149_1_e4d469c7e9e3554b901a7535fd442950.jpg

Your scooter is so cute. And the hermit in the shrimp picture is also amazing. I want a saltwater tank so badly.

You'll get there if you want to. It's just alot of planning and some $$ up front. I'm by no means special and I can keep a bunch of tanks. LOL

My pod tank has cleared up quite nicely too. Now to get more pods to populate it. hehe

I'm feeling the worst is over. As long as the scooter keeps eating that is. I'm gonna grow my own brine shrimp today. :-D

carey said:
you'll get there if you want to. It's just alot of planning and some $$ up front. I'm by no means special and i can keep a bunch of tanks. Lol

my pod tank has cleared up quite nicely too. Now to get more pods to populate it. Hehe

i'm feeling the worst is over. As long as the scooter keeps eating that is. I'm gonna grow my own brine shrimp today. :-d

seamonkeys.

carey said:
HAHA I have'nt had sea monkey in sooo long. Is that what they are, brine shrimp?

Yep :) those ppl make a fortune off them

That's really good to hear Carey! I would wait off on the gobys until you get the scooter blenny eating something more nutritious like the blood worms or mysis, turning the current off while feeding really helps.

ahh I haven't tried bloodworms, the only thing I don't have. Yeah, I had the luck with the brine with all the flow off. I also tried some algae sheets a while ago and no luck. I think he's scared of it. lol

I will try mysis in a bit, they are a bit large so not sure he can get them down. My clowns cant even eat them. My gramma does but ends up swimming around with half the mysis hanging out her mouth.

OK, so no gobies this week. :-( I'm really excited to get some more action in the tank even if its teeny gobies.

Definitely get some blood worms, both my mandarin and my scooter love them, you can also get mini mysis. Maybe try tearing a couple of the big ones you have in half.

Also i don't think scooters will eat algae lol not that I've ever seen anyways.

I'll go get some later. :) I just had some luck with some baby brine and mysis. I can't get the baby mysis around here though. he ate a few pieces that I clearly saw and now he's just rummaging thru the sand.

And yeah, the algae seemed like a long shot but hey, if it eats it I'll feed it. LOL

Well thats good!! I don't know if I'd feed him a mixed diet of live and frozen all the time though, I try not to feed my seahorses any live since i don't want them to refuse the frozen later on haha. Every once in awhile I will but not very often. There are amphipods in my tank though and they still eat frozen really really well, so maybe it doesn't effect them at all.

That scooter is so cute! I wish I could have one but it's gonna have to wait for my 150gal.

Scooters are carnivores. He was probably shocked that you would even offer him something so yucky as algea sheets lol.

are the bloodworms supposed to be live? I was gonna get frozen cubes...I'm trying to get him on totally non live food except for the pods he likes so much. Or are you talking about the live brine I'm growing out back?

Yeah I took the algae sheet out and gave it to the 55g. Bob or the blenny I'm sure will appreciate it.

are the bloodworms supposed to be live? I was gonna get frozen cubes...I'm trying to get him on totally non live food except for the pods he likes so much. Or are you talking about the live brine I'm growing out back?

Yeah I took the algae sheet out and gave it to the 55g. Bob or the blenny I'm sure will appreciate it.

Yah that's what i meant lol a non-live diet, good to know that is what you are doing. The blood worms I'm talking about are the frozen ones.

Back
Top Bottom