Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a notoriously negative person. :-( just who I am. probably why I'm freaking out about the scooter. I'm trying to be more peppy and optimistic. been trying for 30 years LOL

carey said:
I am a notoriously negative person. :-( just who I am. probably why I'm freaking out about the scooter. I'm trying to be more peppy and optimistic. been trying for 30 years LOL

Lol. I always say, 'It will happen if it's meant to.' but inside I'm thinking, 'Yeah, right. This'll never work!' and sometimes I'm right about either one. Lol.

Good luck today!! Are they going to want to hold the fish at all since they are just coming in today?? Mine always holds them for at least 24 hours, but he lets me buy them so the one I want doesn't get sold.

I was thinking about that too. not sure I wanna move the fish right away after it's been brought in. I believe the fish supplier is local so they may not have had a rough transport. I really hope she comes through for me. If not today then I;m ordering online. I;m tired of waiting for fish all the time. Those darn B&w's took forever to get. lol

I've actually bought fish right off the truck and they have done great. Then they don't have to acclimate to one new tank at fish store and then turn around and do it again in my tank. I just examined them real good in the bag and then taken them right home. Problem is you don't get to see them eat. Also got the guy to knock a little money off the price since they weren't providing any care.

Oh I forgot to comment, the blenny and scooter will get along just fine since the scooter is really a dragonette. Like i just said in that other post, other fish tend to leave the mandarins and scooter blennys alone completely. They also have a protective poisonous coat that keeps them from being eaten by things like the lion fish and protects from disease (the mandarins do for sure..don't know about the scooters)

Thanks guys, great information! Least I can put the scooter into the 55g if things get bad in the cube.

I just hope those darn fish come in. She was having a hard time finding a citron goby. lol

Wow the platinum ones are amazing! We saw a rare 'naked clown' at our LFS a week ago...pure orange! The black ones are super cute as well...and the price is a little more reasonable!

I saw a pair of naked clowns for $80 a while back, right before I got my cube. :-( They were awesome. I'm leaning towards snowflakes but we'll see if there's enough room when I'm done. lol

tick tock....just waiting for the phone to ring to go get my fish. And it better ring too! hehe...I'll give it til 3 at the latest. Then I'm calling.

hey, I'm downsizing once I get the next 125g. I will keep the 2 125g, the cube and the fw planted tank I'm gonna start in a few weeks. I'm selling off the rest :-D

GGGRRRRRR No fish today and her last resort didn't have the citron so I am ordering online tonight. I missed todays deadline for getting them tomorrow so I have until later tonight to make my order and have them by Friday.

I am stuck on these guys so far, but wondering if I shouldn't be buying any other fish since I'm paying for shipping and all.

Candycane Goby | Gobies & Dartfish | PetSolutions

Citron Goby | Gobies & Dartfish | PetSolutions

These guys are definites. I still have some room in my 55g and was thinking on adding into there but have no idea what I should get. LOL I have 4 clowns, (2 are in timeout tank) goby, blenny and a royal gramma. I was thinking a yellow eye tang or something that schools in a small group.

Any suggestions? Feel free to look at the store I'll be ordering from and if you see anything cool let me know. I haven't ordered from them before but I have a $30 credit there from when I bought my cube. :-D

i just knew this wasn't gonna happen. LOl I should have been prepared. But I'm done waiting and Friday is gonna be the day. I never ordered anything alive online before I hope the fish fare well on their trip.

I was looking at sexy shrimp on the site, but they are $10, is that a normal price? My lfs is always out of them and I wanted 3. :)

Back
Top Bottom