Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol i bought a box of sat to make 25g im down 1/4 haf of it alredy because of my panicc i had earlier sent me into a panicc attack

I plan on putting in 50 (maybe 100) lbs of base rock with the 250lbs of sand. Then I'll fill it halfway and make sure it holds. Then in the next couple days I'll add say 50lbs of LR in and fill it the rest of the way up. I'll be testing the whole time too. Then I'll move half of whats left in the 55g in the next day or two and if all is well I will add the last of the rock and move the fish over.

I'm not too sure about the corals yet, I'm gonna want everything to be just so before I start that project. lol

Wolf, I caught your thread. She should be fine til you get home sunday. remember people actually cycle with these fish so they are hardy.

Can i ask where you getting the salt?

Sounds almost to good to be true just spent 46 on 48 pounds that makes 140

thats what hoses are for!

Yep I plan on using the python for the emptying but I gotta go by 4g buckets for filling it. LOL i can't lift any more than that. I was thinking of getting a garbage can and a pump to help. Just not in the budget. As usaul

Foster and smith for 49.99 for 200g box of instant ocean reef salt. :-D

It'll be free shipping for me too

good deal i'll order one of those too i'll probably need two lol

that pump idea is good for the can save alot of work! ik they cycle with em but she was laying on her side i got really scared ik shes free most people would go hey shes free oh well but id feel so bad

carey said:
Foster and smith for 49.99 for 200g box of instant ocean reef salt. :-D

It'll be free shipping for me too

i gotta get me one it wont run out for me for awhile how heavy is it i can olny cary 50-75lb wana makke sure id actually be able to move it

I know the 160g buckets are my max as far as carrying stuff so i assume the box would weigh even more. lol

I would recommend the buckets though, I'm only going with the box cause I'm gonna go through half of it right off and the rest I can store in an old I/O bucket. They make great water change buckets!

yeah that garbage can idea is a winner in my book, and i had the same idea with a pump... although I may put mine on a stand to be higher than the fish tank so i can have it siphon through

If you don't use it quick enough though I bet it will harden and become unstable. It will absorb moisture too I'd think. Unless of course you put it into an airtight container. :-D

carey said:
If you don't use it quick enough though I bet it will harden and become unstable. It will absorb moisture too I'd think. Unless of course you put it into an airtight container. :-D

darn really well 45 for a bucket here i come! in all honesty id never use it fast enough lol

So this is the centerpiece fish for my 125g

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Caribbean Tang

You all know what a yellow tang looks like and I like these for my schooling fish
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Lyretail Anthias Fish.

I was thinking 4 females and 1 male.

Any other suggestions? I'm not sure how my stocking list looks for a 125g. I figure I gotta take a break from all the technical parts of this build and go back for a minute to the best part- STOCKING. LOL

What do you guys think? Will adding 2 tangs and a handful of anthias push me over?

And carey i just wanted to say your title is a complet lie.. - 1 for lies.

There's a priduct bed bath and beyond sells called absorbit i think yyou could prob put that on top of your crystals to help them stay dry longer

Back
Top Bottom