Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it's been a week with no leaks. Test number one passed. I'm in the garage now emptying it. :)
I plan on still filling the rest of the gouge with epoxy and the ill start painting the back glass. I decided on black. Yay

Anyone have any comments about the skimmed or lights mentioned above?

Thanks everyone

ive herd those eshopps insumps are nice skimmers but if you have the extra money i would buy a reef octpopus

Thing is I barely have the money for the eshopps one lol. My femora is rated up to 120 if I change the pump. The octopus was my first choice but I can't swing it for sure.

maybe you can find a used one on craigslist or something you always seem to find the good deals lol

i was just gonna get a small can of latex paint from lowes in black unless this is wrong? lol

That's what I used to paint my other 125 I think. I am considering painting the stand black too. Its a deep mahogoney now. Im also painting the plastic frame on the tank black.

I think acrylic is supposed to be better on glass if you want to prevent peeling down the road. Also 3-4 thin coats is better. You can also use spray paint as long as you tape plastic or whatever over the top so it doesn't get inside.

So do you guys think I can skip on the skimmer since I have a hob one already?

And what about the new bulbs...$240 just for bulbs puts me at $540 just for the lights...eeekk

well they could be old. don't know. I have alot of corals that will be going under them so I was worried that I might lose some if the lights not the same as what i run now. the bulbs are current ones, which means they are the original bulbs which concerns me.

I would use them and just be prepares to replace them as they go. I don't see why that would be an issue, just keep an eye on them and if you see one summing or burned go replace it.

I was also planning on the high end bulbs which total $240. i can get "current" brand ones for about $160, just won't have the same blue hues that I like with the ATI bulbs. LOL I just know if I don't do it now I won't have money when the time comes. Plus, I got a top of the line light, I'd hate to put crap bulbs in it. I'm pretty much building this tank around the great lights I bought. hehe

Back
Top Bottom