Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. Found the guy on CL. I've been trying to trade him for days. $300 brand new condition. Hopefully I won't have to buy new bubs right away. My next stop is sump or wet/dry. The latter is gonna be so much cheaper but I don't see it being long term.

yep she did :)

what kind of bulbs are you goign to get for it? i've been looking at the ATI purple plus and true actinics but that might be to much blue

as for the sump i still say go wit hthe sump/fuge specially if you are goign to keep it for a while, you can always have just a fuge and hang your remora off the side of it

I use the ati aquablue plus and the actinics on my 55g. It gives it a more blue/warmish hue. Much better than straight 10k's. I would probably go with with ATI's again. Maybe go with 2 UVL bulbs, 4 aquablue specials for the whites and 4 420 and 2 460's on the blues. I think that will give me a nice deep consistent color.

i've only seen 4 different types of ATI bulbes. purple and blue plus, true actinic and aquablue special

what colours are the UVLs supposed to give off?

I used him as leverage to get a guy with the same fixture in Tampa down to 250. I told him I was closer to Orlando then Tampa, but I would drive further if he would come down. I live WAY closer to Tampa then Apopka, lol.

I know, I tried. I tried to use the guy in Tampa as leverage when he went to 250. HAHA that guy was stiff. I just wouldn't go 300, I will never pay list on something because it means they will take less 90% of the time.

Of course I am still trying to verify it will provide sufficient light in a 30" tank before I pick them up.

I knew the guy too. But he gave me the back story and I can see why he didnt wanna drop. Its supposed to be in mint condition brand new. I got the apopka guy down before too, it was just this fixture. he also has a MH triple 250 coming up for $500 but thats too rich for my blood

a 6 lamp t5 is nopt going to be enough lighting for your 220, you'll need atleast 8, i'd prefer 10 though

The Nova is a 12 bulb T5 fixture. Carey, the 3 bulb 250 watt he is selling, is it just the halides? Could you ask him if it is a T5 combo, or has the moonlight LED's? If you wouldn't mind taking a look at them while your there I may consider getting them from him.

The Nova is a 12 bulb T5 fixture. Carey, the 3 bulb 250 watt he is selling, is it just the halides? Could you ask him if it is a T5 combo, or has the moonlight LED's? If you wouldn't mind taking a look at them while your there I may consider getting them from him.

I'll check them out when I pick up my lights. I believe its an aquamedic fixture. He was very proud of the MH setup lol. I'll let you know soon as I do!

What about that slightly bent support beam? The entire frame is all good just the unsightly burnt one. The guy said he had a MH on there and thats how it melted.

I would contact All-Glass or Oceanic before putting the tank into use. From experience, I know the cross bar holds the tension of the glass expansion when the tank is filled. With it being melted AND the corner being chipped, I would lean on the side of caution.

Aqueon Customer Service Assistance

Oceanic Systems » Contact Us

Would make my life nice and easy.

Not if the tank leaked in a few yrs.

Congrats!! Hope all works out for you!

Carey, the halides are a 6 ft fixture? I really appreciate the help, just let me know if you think they are in good condition, I trust your judgement on it.

Back
Top Bottom