Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just llooked up the orange shouler in my nifty new book and yep, it gets too big for my taste and it looks ugly as an adult imo. LOL

So the tomini...any thoughts in him?

The chevron is 150 dollars on live aquaria. I can only assume it's 100+ everywhere else. Looks really sweet though.

Tomini sounds like a good choice. Also only gets 6" long, would have more than enough room in a 125.

eee gads...never mind....awesome fish....i saw it in my book lol

hmmm...we can't find another tang to put in this tank? lol well other than the lemonpeel but maybe i can order from liveaquaria. I'm gonna add everything to my cart and see if its close to the amount from aquacon.

Lol, convicts are actually schooling fish in the wild that take over reefs. The other tangs will group together to fend them off. I suppose they can't get over their differences even in the home aquarium. Oh well.

I'm not seeing much else besides the tomini on there, why not do multiple yellows? 3 would be ok in your tank and would school, introducing them together should prevent fighting.

I've heard multiple yeloows will be ok when they are juvenile but as they mature can fight? Not sure how true this is.

HAPPY NOTE!! The tang finally ate some flake food I just threw in! I'm so glad you have no idea!

So what do you guys think, multiple yellows or go with a tomini?

Yep that's what I was thinking. :) It'd be cool to have 4 tangs!!! I can't wait til they are swimming around lol.

Now I just have to figure out what else I can put in. I'm pretty sure I'll add the sandsifting goby, as long as he will get along with my pink spotted watchman.

I wanted a schooling fish which is why i considered the anthias', like 3 females to one male. I don't want jumping fish like dartfish either so is there anything else? the Lo is out cause it has venomous tines, sooo not gonna worry about that! I wanted a purple tilefish but I hear they are hard to feed. That would be an awesome color to have in the tank with the yellow and blues.

So fire away, gimme your suggestions :)

Must be reef safe though! hehe

Yea convicts go in giant shoals. When I snorkeled in HI there were around 100 of them per school, most common fish I saw on the reef.

Surrounded by Tangs, my dream day!!! LOL

Well, at least I'll have 4. :) woot woot! I will probably order late next week or maybe the Monday after, just to make sure everything is still going well in the tank after i move the 55g over into it.

i don't agree with the species specific fighting. i have seen tanks with schools of yellow tangs that didn't fight at all. in the wild convict tangs school in the hundreds, naturally. it's all up to the individual fish.
btw, the yellow mimic tang was the one that ate my watermelon chalice. ya never know.

I have not heard of the group fighting, but have heard yellows will fight in pairs. Do you think there is any truth there X?

Back
Top Bottom