Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still alive as of now. He's not breathing heavy or anything, just on his side on the bare glass. He is still covered though, trying to let him be stress free.

I haven't added anything other than the cupramine so far. I think I may wait and see what happens with that. I don't wanna overdose him.

Unless that is the best thing to do, cause I really don't know right now

hack that was my thought that maby a coral fell on him. i would get as much O2 in the water as i can but i think your doin that by keeping the SG low all we can do now is wait :whistle:

I have melafix, pennicilinn and amoxicilin leftover from trying to treat my paralyzed cichlid.

is there anything you guys suggest I go out and try to get?

i'd try that it looks liek it was attacked and its gettign an infecion of some kind.

i'm surprised the cleaner shrimp just sat tehre, mine is all over the place.

My two skunk cleaners have their station all set up. The yellow tang and anthias were both just vying for a cleaning.

Which of the above should I dose?

I think the tang is dead. He doesnt appear to be breathing. :-(

This all happened so fast, I was totally unprepared for it.

What do I do with the fish now? He's too big to flush and garbage day is on tuesday next week. This is an awful question to have to ask.

I hate today. With a passion. I don't believe I had a fish die on me. I'm stunned.

I'm so sorry :( I hear a good way to get rid of a body is to burn it...this makes it impossible for native animals to get sick from what ever killed it (if it was a bacterial infection or whatever) just something I read on the net when I had to euthanize a rasbora that had tb...

Joyler said:
I'm so sorry :( I hear a good way to get rid of a body is to burn it...this makes it impossible for native animals to get sick from what ever killed it (if it was a bacterial infection or whatever) just something I read on the net when I had to euthanize a rasbora that had tb...

I heard best way is to burn it too. Learned it from CSI Miami.

if you had an old tuna steak in the fridge that went out of date, how would you get rid of that? burn it?
nothing else is going to get that disease. we're not talking about ebola here.

mr_X said:
if you had an old tuna steak in the fridge that went out of date, how would you get rid of that? burn it?
nothing else is going to get that disease. we're not talking about ebola here.

Well I wouldn't flush it down the toilet...you could just wrap up the tang and burry it...

if it fits down the toilet, it's not going to hurt anything. it will go through a treatment plant before it goes anywhere else, where it will be at the very least, chlorinated.

I have a septic tank. ;-)

i guess I'll put him in a few ziplock baggies and put him in the trash. Thats what I'd do with out of date seafood I guess. Its just i usually wait for trash day for cleaning out the freezer. Garbage cans are in the garage anyway so at elast no critters will get it.

What a terrible thing to contemplate. Honestly..... :-(

I meant I wouldn't flush the tuna down the toilet...the reason I said to burn or bury it is because the tang is too big to flush, and she doesn't want it sitting in her garbage til Tuesday...I don't have a problem flushing fish...

You could put it in a ziplock and put it in the freezer if you don't want to put it straight in the trash where animals can get at it. Then on garbage day put it in the trash when you take it out. Many people do that with what's left after filleting a fish they've caught.

put him in a ziplock and put him in the freezer till trash day then.

Believe it or not I thought to do that. My ex used to keep frozen dead birds in the freezer for training our hunting dogs, so it actually wouldnt bother me. Not sure about how the b/f would feel about it. Although I could always put it in the garage freezer too.

Sold. At least I know what to do with the remains.

Next question is, what did he have and is it safe to put another fish in, let alone another tang?

What do you think Mr. X?

i don't know what that was. i'm really not that good with fish diseases.
i usually consult-
Marine Fish Diseases and Parasites

as for the addition of another fish, unless the others have it already, then it came in on the blue tang, and may or may not have left with him. i would add another fish and take my chances, but most will suggest QTing any new fish.

Back
Top Bottom