Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I just had an interesting idea.....I have two speaker stands that are adjustable, not sur ehow high they go but they are black and have a nice base....I;m gonna go find them and see if that idea has any merit.

I was thinking of moving this tank to where the 55g is now after i sell it but I end up with a ceiling BUT I do have a wall then.

I was kinda leaving that spot open too in case I see a nice 90g tank cause that woudl fit in that spot too. :-D

LOL, I am sooo bad, I don't know how my b/f puts up with me. He is always the first to show off all the tanks though when someone comes over LOL

The only tank I wouldnt have would be a aggressive fish only tank but I;m not even sure I would want one. So maybe I can just move the tanks when the 55g sells. That is when I do sell it. I'm finding it hard to part with it, I love it so much. Plus I've been using it as a qt. hehe

Lol I know the feeling I have a 65g just sitting and my wife won't let me set it up till we move in a month. I just want to put stuff in it now lol. I hope you can figuer out how to mount your lights I know how important that are lol

The speaker stand sounds like a great idea. I have been thinking about building my own lights and a hood for my tank but wasn't sure how to support it all and still make for easy access. A couple of "Boom" type Microphone stands might be just the ticket.

Just palced a bid on a remoar nano skimmer, will know in an hour or so. Hope it doesnt get too high in price. LOL I wanted a tunze or the remora so now is my chance. Hopefully anyways...

Lost out on the skimmer, want prepared to pay $95 for a used one when the new ones are only about $130. Oh well, back to ebay to search some more. lol

Omg 130 for a NANO Skimmer!!! I thought it'd be around 50-75

And thats a cheap one lol. the cheapo ones work ok at best. I only paid 163 for my full size remora which really kills me.....

Might have a line on an aquaticlife one tho, I think they are about $100 new.

Skimming ain't cheap big tank or small tank. lol

when i come to this forum i usually go to the salt water threads and look for ones with zero or very few responses. i really don't get to all of the ongoing threads as much as i would like. sorry carey. pms are the best way to get my attention.

LOL, it's all cool. I do the same thing, I look for those that havent gotten any responses. I know my threads can go on and on and on,....much like myself lol

I just hate to bother you in pm;s you must get like 100 a day. :-D

Now that explains it. Now I know why Carey and Mr. X always reply to my posts. It is because no one else will put up with me. hehehehehe :rolleyes: At least I got you two so I don't feel so lonely. LOL

Seriously, you two are great to us newbies and I, for one, appreciate all I have learned for you both.

:thanks:

So I got some pictures of my new friend and corals. Not all the corals are open but I expect to get better pictures tomorrow of the next day as they get used to my lights.

img_1516147_0_2dad685a55f048ae0fdb4a2fda47face.jpg

img_1516147_1_f34ae00164468daa8b233ec0ad896d09.jpg

img_1516147_2_66d0c066703baf3191ff060af89513ac.jpg

img_1516147_3_f93a516f9a5352ba8be44cf4e4aab04c.jpg

And one more... LOL This is all that I added to the rimless, I added a larger coral to my 125g. :-D

img_1516153_0_4618b677b7c9be629b6480ba466ee6dc.jpg

I'm still debating whether to order two 425's or 2 550's for this tank. They are the exact same price pretty much. I was thinking that if the 550's were too much I could always add them to the back wall of my 125g and then go with the 425's for the rimless. Since I will be keeping SPS in this tank I know I need good water flow. But I have a tendency to go over on the flow. LOL

Also got a few more lbs of live rock today, some really really purple stuff. :)

So I redid the rocks and corals AGAIN and here is what I have so far today.

img_1516867_0_e3a88546fc5f6a02b4ddd00d1d210625.jpg

img_1516867_1_a80a712a5851e4a4cf528dbee2353ec8.jpg

I'm also thinking I have too much light. :-( The corals arent opening like they did in the pico. The new ones arent really opened much either.

I found my speaker stand and it looks like it will be too short to hang anything from securely. I may go to home depot and check out the 2 by 4's and see if I cant figure this mounting of the lights out.

Thanks guys!

I really love the fact that your tanks come together so quickly. One day, it's... "hmm, maybe I'll buy a new tank." Three days later - "well I've added LR, sand, fish, inverts, 13 corals, and two new lights. I think that these corals will go nicely when I upgrade."

LOL

Its great stuff, wish I could keep up!

At least I;m not gonna do the build on the 55g setup I bought yesterday. i am taking the gear I want, selling some to a friend and then i will craigs list the tank and stand. My buddy wants to try a wet/dry in her fowlr so its good all around. the new 55g is in my garage now, lol. I plan on scraping off the blue paint on the back of it and cleaning it up a bit. Figure I can make a few bucks at it. Then maybe I can find a 90g on cl and get that. OR just get another tank and keep flipping them for cash.

I am soooo tempted, theres a 14g nano cube on right now for $100 bucks and I know i can get it for like $60 but I'm out of tank space and I ahve no idea what I'd put into it. LOL

Carey have you thought about buying some square metal tubing and having in bent to the dimensions you would need like a L-shape paint it black and mount it to your wall for your light to hang from?

Back
Top Bottom