Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that would be too easy. LOL The tank backs up to a window so I'd have to mount whatever to the actual stand. I'm working on ideas in my head how it will work. I also will have to move the tank out a few inches since I only have about 4 inches to play with right now. And to the left of the tank, within 4 inches is another fish tank of course.

But your idea is what I'm playing with for now, if only I knew a metal worker who could weld stuff....

Thank you! I was just now feeding the tank since the goby was out and the barnacle blenny is awesome! I'm glad I waited for him. he just chills in his barnacle and juts out really quick to grab food, and big pieces too.

I'll be rockscaping tomorrow again probably, everything is just falling over because of the flow and the crabs. :-( I need toorder my new powerheads by monday still cant decide between the 425's and 550;s....I'm leaning towards the 550's though.Also gonna order some frag mounts so i can start learning how to frag. :) thats' gonna be a whole nother thread LOL

carey said:
Thank you! I was just now feeding the tank since the goby was out and the barnacle blenny is awesome! I'm glad I waited for him. he just chills in his barnacle and juts out really quick to grab food, and big pieces too.

I'll be rockscaping tomorrow again probably, everything is just falling over because of the flow and the crabs. :-( I need toorder my new powerheads by monday still cant decide between the 425's and 550;s....I'm leaning towards the 550's though.Also gonna order some frag mounts so i can start learning how to frag. :) thats' gonna be a whole nother thread LOL

I will tag along when that is started because I would like to learn too.

carey said:
At least I;m not gonna do the build on the 55g setup I bought yesterday. i am taking the gear I want, selling some to a friend and then i will craigs list the tank and stand. My buddy wants to try a wet/dry in her fowlr so its good all around. the new 55g is in my garage now, lol. I plan on scraping off the blue paint on the back of it and cleaning it up a bit. Figure I can make a few bucks at it. Then maybe I can find a 90g on cl and get that. OR just get another tank and keep flipping them for cash.

I am soooo tempted, theres a 14g nano cube on right now for $100 bucks and I know i can get it for like $60 but I'm out of tank space and I ahve no idea what I'd put into it. LOL

Buy and sell. You can use the extra money on corals for your 125. Oh and where do you get your corals they look stunning.

Local and not so local stores. I was in Orlando yesterday buying that 55g and figured why not do some searching, theres a very high end coral shop with lots of fabulous stuff. And they actually know what it all is. All rimless tanks and leds nothing cheap as far as fish. They had a midas blenny that I so want in my tank but they were asking $55 which I think is absurd.

I went to daytona today and was fish hunting since I get my fish almost entirely from one store.

carey said:
Local and not so local stores. I was in Orlando yesterday buying that 55g and figured why not do some searching, theres a very high end coral shop with lots of fabulous stuff. And they actually know what it all is. All rimless tanks and leds nothing cheap as far as fish. They had a midas blenny that I so want in my tank but they were asking $55 which I think is absurd.

I went to daytona today and was fish hunting since I get my fish almost entirely from one store.

If you can buy some and ship I'd be happy to buy from you :)

I bet the one store ships, the one i went to in orlando. Where are you located? have you search far and wide for a good store? You could even make a day of it, I'd drive probably 4 hours each way if I was to find a spectacular store. orlando for me is an hour drive and so is daytona.

I live in MD. I just turned 15 yo so I only have my motorcycle license and I'm probably not driving 240 miles on that. Lol and My parents would never drive that far either i could pay for shipping with the amount of money spent on gas lol

carey said:

Wondering if u r talking about my LFS lol

If you guys in fl ever wanna take a nice long trip, my lfs in port st Lucie has awesome unbeatable deals and can pretty much get whatever you want

I wish there were some good lfs in my area. There is one here in town but I wouldn't trust them to buy anything. Their tanks seem to be less than desirable in quality and maintainance. The best stores that are close tome are 1-1.5 hours away. :'( so I can't go as often as I would like, especially with my work schedule.

I have changed my lighting for this tank. :-D

Just pikced up a jbj viper 2 metal halide clip on. 150w with a 14k bulb.

Looks ok, surprised its not much brighter though and not as blue as I thought.

I'm thinking of buying a 20k bulb for it.

Any thoughts?

Here is a picture of the fixture

img_1518529_0_6befc07abfe733f81e0332d52757c3d7.jpg

img_1518529_1_67ae4007f7ac36b005356f713d8a4d75.jpg

That moonlight would Probly look good and they're located in Orlando so maybe you could take a trip over there instead of waiting for It to be shipped, but yea about where to put it, just set up that fixture you bought and I'm sure you'll see some place to put it lol

Just placed a nice size order from marine depot! woohoo. Decided on two koralia 425's in the end over the 550's. :)

Also ordered some fragging equipment and some regeants for my phosphate electronic tester and a new backup aqualifter pump for my 125g's overflow.

Hopefully the stuff gets here quick :-D They say they ship the same day as long as its before 6pm EST.

Woot, I love ordering new stuff!

Still not satisfied with the new halide fixture....I;m not sur what it is about it but it just seems so dim...

I think you went with the right power heads 425s. I love getting new stuff in the mail I just don't like paying for it lol.

Back
Top Bottom