Carib Sand with aquaclear filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeeves

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any experiences? Just got new 20 gal with 20 lb white sand and aquaclear filter coming in the mail.

I never had any issues with any of the caribsea sands and filters. the white, brown and Tahitian moon sand gave me no problems with HoBs or canisters. The only time I even had to think about it is if I was really stirring the sand up. Welcome to AA

Thanks! I've had it running for a day now and the sand looks beautiful. I'd never pick gravel over sand. The filter is quiet and shapes the sand in very pretty ways depending on the flow of water. Very happy!

Any thoughts as to water changes and siphoning vacuums? It looks very clean. All numbers at 0 except ph at 7.2. Currently holding 3 emerald cories and 2 ghost shrimp. Check filter every day. Water is clear.
Advice much appreciated!

Any thoughts as to water changes and siphoning vacuums? It looks very clean. All numbers at 0 except ph at 7.2. Currently holding 3 emerald cories and 2 ghost shrimp. Check filter every day. Water is clear.
Advice much appreciated!

Just the same as with any sand, hover the gravel vac above the sand so that you're only picking up gunk and not sand. Glide it over the sand until everything is clean and for heavy detritus you can swirl the gravel vac around a little bit to kick it up so its easier to siphon.

I've only used aqueon siphons and the aqueon water changer, they've done great, and the python water changer has many followers too. Unless you find a gold plated one they're all the same really, a siphon siphons, I don't know how you can improve on it

Back
Top Bottom