Caribsea gravel for loach/cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grondini

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was looking at getting Caribsea instant aquarium (1-2mm size) for my dojo loach and cories. I don't want to have the hassel of sand but know the dojo likes to bury.
Anyone have experience with this gravel? Is it a good size? Anything that is a similar size that you don't need to pay for the bacterial benefit? Thx!!

Pool filter sand, Black Diamond Blasting Sand, common Play Sand... All cheap options.

Do some research on each. Generally the Pool Filter Sand and Blasting sand are a nicer grain size and less "dirty" than play sand.

IMO, use very small grain, rounded gravel. I use pool filter gravel mixed with white quartz in my display tank. I used "Lowes" small grain pea gravel in my other tanks.
My Botia Loaches do well in the pool filter gravel. I'd stay away from the bacteria enriched gravel products. I doubt it truly works. Pic #1 BN Pleco w/pool filter gravel. Pic #2 GT w/
Lowe's Pea Gravel.

Attachments

• 20180530_133252.jpg
    20180530_133252.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20180415_130824.jpg
    20180415_130824.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 70
Great ideas! Thanks! Working on getting supplies for my new 40B tank - great cost saving ideas here!

Back
Top Bottom