Carpet behavior.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moneymike1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I have a big carpet anemone that I purchased yesterday. It looked pretty good yesterday and this morning. However it has burried it's foot in the sand under a rock. I have read this to be normal however he looks to be almost retracting into the sand? Is this normal behavior? Thx

normal....to keep this from happening I place a flat rock under the sand bed, a rock thin enough to have approx. 1/2 in. of sand on top of the rock. The anemone can attach to that rock and still be in the sand bed where they like to be. a lot of times the sand bed is too deep for the anemones foot... when the sand is too deep they will attach to the side of a rock under the sand or to the side of the tank on the glass...

Thanks bill. He seems to be getting acclimated to the tank now and settling in. He had me nervous for a bit because his mouth was loose but now it seems shut. How long did it take for yours to get settled in?

Pics would be great but it depends it may move or it may stay in the same spot depending on lighting and waterflow.... but as long as you have good water parameters, lighting and adequate flow he should be fine...

Ok my lights are off for the night now. Ill try and get some pics tomorrow of him when I get home from work.

Here is the carpet. He is about a foot and few inches across. The mouth has been shut all day!

Attachments

• image-1141277386.jpg
    image-1141277386.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image-80254648.jpg
    image-80254648.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom