Casuality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishymctasty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
last night i went to bed with a 29 gallon aquarium holding three cory cats. no nitrites or ammonia, woke up this morning to a dead cory, and no nitrites or ammonia. Tanks been cycled ph (7.2) and temp (76 F) constant. Anyone have a clue? Did the others snuff him in the night?

How new are the fish? Corys dont harm anything. Some times fish expire without an obvious reason.

Agreed if you only have the cories in the tank, they did not attack the other. If they are new it is likely it came from the lfs sick. If not it may just be a mysterious illness.

Thanks so much for the replies! The cory that died was only 1 day out of the LFS, so that must be the case. You guys rock!

sorry to hear. take him back to the lfs, as most at least give you fourteen days. you may want to bring a water sample with you. some lfs are anal bout that.
good luck with the other 2.

i agree with rob if the lfs wont take the fish back and it died that fast then thats not cool they should either give you another new cory or your money if they dont then their a rip off and i wouldnt buy my fish from them anymore. sorry about your fish. of and from now on i would keep your tank around 78F. :(

how did you acclimate the cory's when you brought them home?

Back
Top Bottom