Cat fish identification help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonsterfishGuy

Aquarium Advice Freak
LFS call it kawa catfish and google is not very good on that one...

Any clue? Info?

Thank you!

Attachments

• image-296042462.jpg
    image-296042462.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3780699236.jpg
    image-3780699236.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1428860941.jpg
    image-1428860941.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 117
I think it's a Raphael/Talking Catfish with an interesting color morph! I thought the body shape looked very raphael so I looked around the web for a bit and found this picture of a "turushuki" cat
Catfis183.jpg

This may not be the exact variety, but I think you have a very interesting and unusual talking catfish!

I thought I'd post here before anywhere else seeing as how it's on the Raphael/Talking cats.
Ive got a 29 gallon and I was hoping to put in it 2 striped Raphael cats and two German Blue rams. Would this be alright and are there any specific needs I should know about either before adding them.
My tank is currently in cycle mode.
Had about 8ppm of ammonia.. So working that down.

Crew said:
I thought I'd post here before anywhere else seeing as how it's on the Raphael/Talking cats.
Ive got a 29 gallon and I was hoping to put in it 2 striped Raphael cats and two German Blue rams. Would this be alright and are there any specific needs I should know about either before adding them.
My tank is currently in cycle mode.
Had about 8ppm of ammonia.. So working that down.

Don't hijack threads it's very rude, if you have a question start your own thread.

I agree it maybe a talking cat colormorph, more pictures would help.

I'll try but he's shy except for food then he's to fast... Lol

He is a pteurodoras granulosus, i found it on aquabase.

Thank

Mogurako said:
Don't hijack threads it's very rude, if you have a question start your own thread.

I agree it maybe a talking cat colormorph, more pictures would help.

I don't know where your from but this isn't a hijacking.
It looks like it's anonymous that this is a species of talking/Raphael catfish.
I had a question, and were I to make my own thread it would have been much longer and drawn out.
I have my reasons, good day to you.

I had a question, and were I to make my own thread it would have been much longer and drawn out.
Posting your own question in someone elses thread is hijacking regardless of where you're from.

Crew said:

This is actually a fish identification thread not one for the raphael cat, it is common courtesy to make your own thread. Arguing this point with me is A off topic and B drawing it out anyway. Chances are if you would have made your own post you may have had an answer to your question by now.

@Monster just try feeding him and taking some shots or just shoot video

To be honest I'm searching for threads that are already about it before sending out my plea.
Thanks anyways.

Yep looks like a raphael.
I have a spotted(~8years old) and a ~2years old stripped raphael.
And they don'tcall them talking for nothing. If I remove mine from the water it does a screeching sound, I was very suprised when I heard it the first time.

Nice fish. :)

Mogurako said:
This is actually a fish identification thread not one for the raphael cat, it is common courtesy to make your own thread. Arguing this point with me is A off topic and B drawing it out anyway. Chances are if you would have made your own post you may have had an answer to your question by now.

@Monster just try feeding him and taking some shots or just shoot video

I'll do it(video) tomorrow morning when ill be back home!
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom