catching fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peeley

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to rid my tank of ick. i finally got a hospital tank and its ready to go. I put a couple of my fish in it but i cant catch two chromis and my six-lined wrasse, who may be smarter than me.
I have a few very large rocks in my tank and removing them is out of the question, any suggestions on how to catch these tricksters??

im getting all the fish out for one month so that the ick will die off. ick treatments may affect other things in my tank that i dont want to kill.

I figured but surely they make reef safe ich killer.I dont know much about ich ,but I think it doesn't die off ,something like ich is ever present

they need hosts during certain parts of their life cycle, and if the hosts are not present they will die off. "All tanks have ick" is a myth, you dont have to live with "mild" ick. As far as reef safe ick killers, im sure that any chemical or whatever that would kill the little ick creatures would also affect other things. Even if one says its reef-safe, im not going to bet my corals, etc. on that if i dont have to.

Peely,

If two net (one to herd, one to catch) doesn't work and you've tried every other trick, then removing the rock for a few minutes is the only way to go.

You are correct about Ich needing a host fish to survive. 4 weeks with no host, no more Ich.

finally got them! used a soda bottle with the top cut off and put back in upside down, and small holes cut in the bottom to let water through. put some food in and the fish went in to get in and couldnt get out. I have 3 rocks about 30 lbs each and it would have been hell to get them out, not to mention the soft corals on them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom