Catfish selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conman

Aquarium Advice Activist
For a planted community 55 gallon tank I want to get a catfish but there are so many that I don't know what the best choice would be. Also I have neon tetras as the smallest fish in the tank and a garra rufa so I wouldn't want a catfish that would grow big enough to eat them.

For a planted community 55 gallon tank I want to get a catfish but there are so many that I don't know what the best choice would be. Also I have neon tetras as the smallest fish in the tank and a garra rufa so I wouldn't want a catfish that would grow big enough to eat them.

SA bumblebee cats. Zamora cats. Plecos are catfish in a way.

Sterbai corydoras, panda cories, and bristlenose plecos are all good options.

Thanks for the feedback and ill look into all of those but I'm looking for something unique too not Cory cats

African feather fin, oil, bumble bee, red whip tail, midnight( I think), are all good choices

Well what type of fish are in the tank already? But i would do a group of 4 pictus cats they are active and amazing fish.

I have a African feather fin named monster, he's a gentle giant. Lives with guppies and neons and gets pushed and played on by black khuil loaches

African featherfin a are also awesome catfish I have one and it is amazing! The only thing is you can't have another bottom feeder these guys are super territorial usually towards other catfish, loaches or plecos. It sounds like cgthebeast lucked out with like he said a gentle giant lol.

African featherfin a are also awesome catfish I have one and it is amazing! The only thing is you can't have another bottom feeder these guys are super territorial usually towards other catfish, loaches or plecos. It sounds like cgthebeast lucked out with like he said a gentle giant lol.

She, and yeah, he's great. He hangs out with the pleco :)

I have

6 swordtails
2 Australian rainbows
9 neon tetras
1 garra rufa
2 bronze Cory cats
2 purple passion danios

This is the garra rufa. Soo small right now
image-2088274699.jpg

Nonnonnononono pictus catfish they get at least 10 inches and is too big and active for a 55

Back
Top Bottom