catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omardav02

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a black and white spotted catfish to control my population in my tank but was wondering what kind of food to feed them

Could you get a picture of the catfish? That would really help in the identification of the catfish, and once we know what it is we can easily find out its dietary needs (y)

Also, I want to point out that depending on the catfish, it may not control the population.

It's a syndontis catfish. Im not sure exactly what species. What population did you buy it to control? Anyways, they're not picky eaters. Sinking carnivore pellets suplimented with algea wafers and frozen bloodworm should round out a diet for you.

I bought a platy that was prego with guppys then i ended buyin male platy which was a bad idea and now she had more guppys

No not guppys but i dont know how u say baby fish im new at this as u can tell.

If you are worried about overpopulating your tank nature will take its course unless you have a very heavily planted tank few if any fry will survive. The parents will eat them

Back
Top Bottom