Cell phone company frustration.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright so my cell phone battery wont hold a charge. I'm lucky if, after a night of charging, I get 60% charged. This morning it was 40%! I went to the local store to try and get a battery and they told me that they don't carry batteries anymore. Since I am not the account holder, I can not do anything w/o the account holder being present. We are on the family plan and my dad is the account holder and it's a business account. They told me that one of the 4 phones on the account is available for an upgrade but remember, if the account holder isn't present, nothing can be done. So in the next few days, my dad and i will go get a new phone. So, let's here your cell phone frustrations. Please try to not to single out a company. I don't want this thread closed just yet lol.

I'm in the same position as you! My dad is the primary account holder on a business plan, but is never home, so if I ever want to do something I have to either try to work it into his schedule or have to do it online through his account. Luckily he gave me all the info and passwords for that, but it sucks. Even though I pay for my part of the bill I can't do anything with it. It's still better than having to pay for my own plan though!

What really sucks is with my carrier, you can't block numbers on an iPhone. It may be with all carriers for iPhones. But none the less, it's ridiculous!

Early last year my cell phone broke and despite having insurance on it, I still had to pay $40 for the replacement. And then that phone started malfunctioning maybe two months later. It was one of those phones that flipped open sideways and had a full keyboard, so to get any functionality out of it you needed the screen. The front of the phone had an annoying touchscreen - ish number pad and a screen that would tell you the time and who is calling, and could scroll through your contacts if the touchscreen was being cooperative. Not all that bad until half of my inner screen blacked out. Couldn't read texts, at least not in their entirety, and I couldn't see what I was typing if I tried to send one. Couldn't set an alarm. Couldn't add new contacts. And because I had used my insurance to get this one I couldn't get it replaced without it being expensive. So around thanksgiving when the contract was up my mom switched providers and she got me a new phone.

Oh, and back when I was in high school, my mom payed for me to have like 100 texts a month, and despite doing all I could to stay under, every month she would go into a fit over me using too many, although I could look at my messages and see that I had only sent and received 40-50. We finally figured it out - the company put the texts on the wrong phone. She was paying for 100 texts on her phone which were going unused every month and for whatever I used. When she pointed that out, they gave my phone 300 texts a month free for 3 years. Now I have unlimited with the new phone plan though.

I'm in the same position as you! My dad is the primary account holder on a business plan, but is never home, so if I ever want to do something I have to either try to work it into his schedule or have to do it online through his account. Luckily he gave me all the info and passwords for that, but it sucks. Even though I pay for my part of the bill I can't do anything with it. It's still better than having to pay for my own plan though!

What really sucks is with my carrier, you can't block numbers on an iPhone. It may be with all carriers for iPhones. But none the less, it's ridiculous!

Yeah, even though I pay for my part of the bill, I still have my hands tied. Also agree though, still cheaper than having my own plan. Why the heck are these plans and phones so expensive anyway??

Yeah, even though I pay for my part of the bill, I still have my hands tied. Also agree though, still cheaper than having my own plan. Why the heck are these plans and phones so expensive anyway??

On my carrier my wife is the account holder. We're under a regular family plan but I think you can do what I'm going to suggest under a business plan also.

The account holder can give account access to any person under the plan. That way those persons can do upgrades and check the bill and usage online too without the account holder being present.

You can also block numbers on iPhone with my carrier also. You have to do it online though.

Early last year my cell phone broke and despite having insurance on it, I still had to pay $40 for the replacement. And then that phone started malfunctioning maybe two months later. It was one of those phones that flipped open sideways and had a full keyboard, so to get any functionality out of it you needed the screen. The front of the phone had an annoying touchscreen - ish number pad and a screen that would tell you the time and who is calling, and could scroll through your contacts if the touchscreen was being cooperative. Not all that bad until half of my inner screen blacked out. Couldn't read texts, at least not in their entirety, and I couldn't see what I was typing if I tried to send one. Couldn't set an alarm. Couldn't add new contacts. And because I had used my insurance to get this one I couldn't get it replaced without it being expensive. So around thanksgiving when the contract was up my mom switched providers and she got me a new phone.

Oh, and back when I was in high school, my mom payed for me to have like 100 texts a month, and despite doing all I could to stay under, every month she would go into a fit over me using too many, although I could look at my messages and see that I had only sent and received 40-50. We finally figured it out - the company put the texts on the wrong phone. She was paying for 100 texts on her phone which were going unused every month and for whatever I used. When she pointed that out, they gave my phone 300 texts a month free for 3 years. Now I have unlimited with the new phone plan though.

That's better than me! My phone was stolen 2 years ago and even though I had insurance and it was covered, it still cost $150 to replace, for a refurb!

My whole family had a family plan with Us Cellular and it was great until they decided to sell all of their Illinois customers to Sprint, so we were forced to buy all new phones and switch services. Sprint coverage kinda sucks now, but at least I got to trade my original galaxy s in for a s4 ;)

Back
Top Bottom