Centrepiece for 29 Gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman34

Aquarium Advice Freak
So in my 29ish gallon I have:
2 female, 1 male guppy
2 female, 1 male platy
4 bronze corys, (gonna up school to 6)
6 neon tetras

I feel it looks like its missing a centerpiece, so is there a fish that I could add?

Guppyman34 said:
So in my 29ish gallon I have:
2 female, 1 male guppy
2 female, 1 male platy
4 bronze corys, (gonna up school to 6)
6 neon tetras

I feel it looks like its missing a centerpiece, so is there a fish that I could add?

Dwarf gourami?

Which would be best a dwarf gourami or a pair of rams? I really like them both.

I will indeed! I know there's a few different kind of rams, and I don't particularly like Bolivians, so would blue or gold work? And if so, how sensitive are they?

I don't know much about the golds but a pair of blues would work. They are quite difficult to keep and are not recommended for beginners. They should also be introduced last into an aquarium.

calfishguy said:
I don't know much about the golds but a pair of blues would work. They are quite difficult to keep and are not recommended for beginners. They should also be introduced last into an aquarium.

Oh ok, thanks, I'll have to think a lot about this

calfishguy said:
I plan on getting a pair of gbr for my 25-30 gallon once I find a good deal on a tank.

That's cool! I did some research, and rams seem hard to keep, dwarf gouramis seem easier. Is this true?

Yes but no. Rams are sensitive but as long as they are in a cycled tank and you keep up with weekly water changes they should be fine. Dg are also a bit touchy because most strains today are mis bred. I say try gbr if they don't work get a dg.

calfishguy said:
Yes but no. Rams are sensitive but as long as they are in a cycled tank and you keep up with weekly water changes they should be fine. Dg are also a bit touchy because most strains today are mis bred. I say try gbr if they don't work get a dg.

Ok, that sounds like a good idea, think I'll try that

Back
Top Bottom