Centrepiece pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I'm planning on getting a centre piece pair of fish for my tetra based community tank. I've cut out angels, looked at some beautiful kribensis but heard they will get aggressive if they breed. True? I have also cut out German blue rams because they are not for beginners, like myself. I would prefer a pair of fish that are about 4-7 long, peaceful, and will be happy in a pair. If the kribensis will be peaceful and leave other fish alone they would be great, I just know very little about them. Thanks

37 gallons and the tank will have

10 black phantom tetras
12 neon tetras
10 rummy nose tetra
6 oto cats
8 or 10 Julii Cory cats

According to aqadivior I'm 76% stocked and 129% filtration, the tank will be moderate to heavy planting as well

I honestly don't want an angel as I hear they will grow up and eat the tetras, as far as Bolivian rams go I will have to look into them, do they do well in a pair?

That is a lie!
I have an angelfish with tetras of all kinds, guppies mollies, even a betta, it is full grown and is very peaceful, angelfish are peaceful fish
Those rams do well in pairs, but make sure it is female and male or female and female

Ok, so I really do like angels, is there a specific one you recommend, I just would prefer a fish a little different then the norm. Like a pair of apistogramma or a pair of kribs.

Ok so if you want an angelfish get which ever one you like, they are all the same
Either the angel or the rams, I would get the angel, it can actually recognize its owner after a while and will follow you around the tank!
Peacock gudgeons are defenetely not a beginner species, they are very difficult to keep

Hmm cool, any why would the goby be a non beginner fish any particular reason??? I've read they are quite easy. I will definitely look at my LFS angels

Well, first of all, they need very very pristine water conditions, like German blue rams
Second, you need to spot feed blood worms, or feed live food, they will not take commercial foods, and they can be a pain in the but to feed

Hmm the're out then. What about super red apistogramma cacatuoides. Group of 3? 2 females and 1 male.

Yup, saving up for a fish like that would be soooo worth it. You say 2? Ok sounds nice. Just in case, is there and really outgoing fish that will just make a person go WOW. I'm sure the apistos will but any other suggestions.

Hmmm, well I mean those apistos will look stunning, not much is better
Of course you can get a zebra pleco, if you have 300-500 bucks
You can add a banjo catfish or bumblebee catfish

Haha I can dream about the day i have that kinda money for fish... I will establish the tank and add in the apistogramma later. Will they eat commercial flake food and brine shrimp, as well as some shrimp pellets?

Back
Top Bottom