Ceramic rings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi just wanted to know if ceramic rings would benefit my 20g tank. I currently have a large sponge filter housed in the back which then feeds into a empty compartment which then goes into another compartment which feeds the water back into my tank. Would it be beneficial to add ceramic rings to the empty compartment?

I don't think it could hurt, and other than your sponge and the inside of your filter, it provides more surface area for bacteria to grow. Also, when it comes time to replace the sponge, you needn't worry about a mini cycle because the bb are also in the rings.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ceramic rings mean lot of surface area for beneficial bacterias. You won't see any improvement in the cycle before 2-3 weeks passed.

This is the material we typically find in filter (like mine) as bio filtration.

At the moment I've just got a sponge in the built in filter compartment so I'll get some

I have ceramic rings in a sock bag at the bottom of this 3 stage media container. Could be a good idea to grab one of these socks to put them into. that way when you wanna clean up back there its easy to get them in and out.

y2ls.jpg

Back
Top Bottom