Changing from PFS to eco-comp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering the best way to go about the task?

I have 2 small tanks that are in storage. I was thinking of moving the fish into those and use the filters on the large tank. I want to avoid a mini cycle at all cost, so will removing all the pfs be ok?

Also, where is a cheap place to find eco complete? My lfs doesnt cary it.

I've changed substrate out multiple times and as long as you keep the filter going or atleast keep the media wet, you should be fine. Alot of the bacteria is in the filter. Your plan sounds like a good one. Its usually easier to take the fish out while you change it all.

Drs Foster and Smith has it for $23.99 a bag, which is a good price. They have flat $8.99 shipping too and it doesn't increase with the Eco even though its a heavy item. Pretty good if you ask me. :)

Lucky for me I have ADG and ADA in my backyard lol. I've changed out the substrate twice already in under 3 months. I did it with the fish in also (no casualties). I just took a tupperware container and scooped it out bit by bit.

Thanks! I am super excited to change this out. I went to Thatpetplace this weekend hoping to find some but they were sold out. So guess I will place an order soon.

smarter just to take the fish out that way you can drain and easy remove the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom