Changing to sand this weekend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plenty of species of Botia. This one happens to be Botia kubotai- angelicus loach.

Convict2161 said:
...I had asked a few posts back. Can the gravel irritate a fish? Could the change and netting etc stress a fish? All of sudden one of my fish has what now is 2 cloudy eyes that are puffed out. I can't net it. Any suggestions? Don't tell me I have to breakdown my tank! I'll just die!! He's eating am swimming just eyes are messed up....

Say, did this ever clear up?

Labenator65000 said:
Say, did this ever clear up?

I thought so... But looking today no it's still there.
I'm wondering if I should be treating the tank or just use salt? Not sure what to do. All I have on hand right now is Quick Cure.

image-3901569005.jpg

I had a pair of Sunrise Peacocks (sort if like a Ruby Red or a German Red) that have both had a bad bought of cloud eye from time to time. One got so bad that the eye either ruptured or it was plucked it out, so it didn't make it. However, the other one has had it a time or two and it cleared up on it's own. Medication helped neither, so I would just let it go unless it gets worse. My personal belief is that the Peacocks were being intimidated too much by the Mbuna and the stress lowered their defenses against the cloud eye. I had a particularly aggressive Ps.Johanni that I regretfully had to rehome. Since it's removal the cloud eye has not returned to the surviving Peacock. People are right, it's not a good idea to mix Peacocks with Mbuna, at least in a 55 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom