Changing water conditioners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimi9000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I've been using Top Fin betta water conditioner in my 5.5 gallon tank but would like to switch to Prime.

Is there some transition protocol that I should follow? Or can I just use Prime with the new water and mix it in with the existing Top Fin betta water?

My set up:
5.5 gallon tank, heater, power filter. 1 betta. Plant, moss ball, 2 ornaments, gravel.

Thanks in advance!

Water conditioners only last for 24-48 hours in the water so you will be fine, good choice on using prime though!

Awesome. Thank you both so much! I'm going out now to get some Prime...

Just curious what is so great about prime? I keep seeing it used on here with high praises! I guess all conditioners were not made equally.

prime is so highly praised because it removes chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals just like other water conditioners, but it also detoxify's ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates for up to 48 hours. plus it is highly concentrated so a small bottle goes a long way unlike other water conditioners.

prime is so highly praised because it removes chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals just like other water conditioners, but it also detoxify's ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates for up to 48 hours. plus it is highly concentrated so a small bottle goes a long way unlike other water conditioners.

I never knew! So glad I asked. Going to so pick some up!

It's so concentrated that adding the correct amount to a 5.5 gallon might be a challenge. Do you have something that will measure .5 ml? Be careful and good luck.

I just use a medicine dropper and add 2 drops/gal. of replacement water for small amounts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom