Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have a thread or plans on that canopy you built? And how is it attached? Is it suspended?

What do you type in ebay to get the 20w 1200K flood lights? I only see 6000K-7000K

Tom,That is one fat ugly carp btw .

Those things will literally eat anything.

We used to feed them gobstoppers and gumballs in the Rideau canal.

audifusion said:
Tom,That is one fat ugly carp btw .

Those things will literally eat anything.

We used to feed them gobstoppers and gumballs in the Rideau canal.

Ha yea I use corn and have caught a few on shelled acorns! Good fun to reel in though.

Ya I love the blue hue. Let me know about your lights and if they have a good color to them I am thinking of ordering some for my large setup I think I will try to just use 5 lights over 10feet of space. It's fresh water so does not have to he perfect and only fish in my tank. if I went white and some blue I would have to get 9 lights then.

TomStav said:
I have decided to get 2 16000k 20w for my 72g FOWLR, I'll post some pics when they arrive.

didysis said:
Ya I love the blue hue. Let me know about your lights and if they have a good color to them I am thinking of ordering some for my large setup I think I will try to just use 5 lights over 10feet of space. It's fresh water so does not have to he perfect and only fish in my tank. if I went white and some blue I would have to get 9 lights then.

I have received the two 16000k 20w... They are a different housing to all the other ones I have, much more flat and came with the plug installed and a rocker switch. The color is nicer than the 12000k in my opinion. It's a very cold pure looking white. The only thing I'm noticing is that they don't seem as bright as the 12000k 20w. It could be that it is a different brand, or the higher k rating.

pics of coral under these lights we have all been waiting forever?

Marquis said:
pics of coral under these lights we have all been waiting forever?

My corals are under different lighting in my sump right now until my 55s cycled because I already switched over the lights to the new tank.

Wow those lights look great... I have been considering building a canopy and doing something similar to my 55g... I think i wanna try using RGB flood lights in place where you have the blues... give me a little more to make a "show" feature... You think i would yeild similar results as your? Cant wait to see some updated pics of the coral growth!

Wanted an opinion on these lights lights. Would five ten watt lights say 3 12000k and 2 blue be enough for a 90 gal. reef tank.

tonedogz said:
Wanted an opinion on these lights lights. Would five ten watt lights say 3 12000k and 2 blue be enough for a 90 gal. reef tank.

I would say no, you could do 3 20w 12000k & 2 10w blues

tonedogz said:
Tom you think I need that much its only 20 inches deep and 4' long Thanks

I have 2 20w and 1 10w on my standard 55g. I think for a 90g you would be better off with 3 20w. You could always buy one and test the spread before buying more.

You know what it was I saw the side by side picture of the ten and the twenty and the twenty looked really bright so I thought I could get away with the tens. Are these dimmable do you know. Thanks for the advice

Here is an update on my fw goldfish planted tank. The plants have had the light for about two months now. So far no problems with the lights. They are set on a timer for 9 hours a day. I dose excel maybe 1 or 2 times a week.

Attachments

• image-3795170016.jpg
    image-3795170016.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 182
  • image-997384691.jpg
    image-997384691.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 165
Back
Top Bottom