Cheap rock websites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I'm looking for some cheap rock that's around 2-3 dollars a pound I need 18-19 more pounds for my tank to be completely stocked with rock. Any website with rock even cheaper than $5 a pound would be great thanks guys.

Oh wow thanks that saves me a lot of money my LFS is $5 a pound it's ridiculous I've spent $110 on 22 pounds of rock that's a lot when you don't have money haha

If youre looking for abse rock you really cant beat reefrocks.net. I have researched hundreds of sites and they still have the cheapest rock i can find.

Oh wow thanks that saves me a lot of money my LFS is $5 a pound it's ridiculous I've spent $110 on 22 pounds of rock that's a lot when you don't have money haha

Keep in mind it is dry rock. It will become live over time. Pic of their rocks currently in my tank, under atinics:

Attachments

• image-2522644500.jpg
    image-2522644500.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 72
I bought my rock from saltwaterfish.com so I could get the look I wanted. Paid a tad more for it, but happy with it.
I know reefs2go started up a site for rock and sand several months back, might be worth looking into as well.

rock

wow that was a very good price for rock, thank you for the info on the website, gonna save alot of money,

Yes thank you guys a bunch I'm over half way there till I have all my rock I just need to get lights another power head and then stock it with fish

Still collecting components for a 150 build and it's nice to get all these sites listed in one spot, live/base rock at a decent price has been one area where Craigslist has not been very fruitful

^you speak the truth haha Craigslist and eBay are terrible I searched them both and they defiantly over price they're rock

Craigslist around here goes in spurts it seems (Colorado Springs) summer time is the best in this area. I got 150 lbs of live rock for free last summer. Now there are some sellers anywhere from 2-7$ per lb. It's hit and miss, but I check it often so I don't miss out on deals. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom