Cheapest New Light Fixture and Bulb For A 36 Bowfront. Please Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want a planted tank, and have determined that it would be more worth it to buy a new light fixture. I currently have a 20 watt fixture with a t8 bulb. I want something for my plants to grow. The tank has a plastic hood wi a glass square to fit the current light fixture. I definitely do not want to spend over $50, preferably under $30. I want something available at petco, for my LFS only sells Fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I am going to petco tomorrow so I would like to find a light system tonight.

Honestly, I would recommend using Amazon.com and getting a light fixture and bulbs which are suited for what you hope to accomplish with the tank. The big box stores are not always competitive with their prices...

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

I would, and want to, but I have tons of gift cards to petco, besides that, I'm broke.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423709135.490675.jpg

Cheap and effective clamp ons

Sent from my fish tank

I would, and want to, but I have tons of gift cards to petco, besides that, I'm broke.

Gotcha!

Well, then I would go clamp on route as well!

Good luck!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

No they are sold at your hardware store usually around $7 apiece maybe less, and 5000k bulbs are generally $20

Sent from my fish tank

For 2 I think don't quote me tho

Sent from my fish tank

I would prefer something more like what I have. Any help? (I have an aqueon t8 17 w florescent light.)

Tbh you aren't going to find anything under 30 with plant growing abilities like you want. You could try craigslist but even that might be stretching it, the only option I know of is the clamp ons. You could try stickon LEDS and that will give you a cheap light source

Sent from my fish tank

The issue you aren't addressing, even if you get a new fixture and bulbs, you need to add CO2 as well. You can't do one without the other or you'll just grow Algae.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And reviews say doesn't work with a hood.

I will set up a homemade CO2 then

In my tank I have
Anubias
Amazon sword
Anacharis
Money wart I think
Onion bulb
Aponogeton
Asian water fern
Moss ball

The only thing that doesn't seam to like my light is the moss ball. I actually have algae in my tank

Back
Top Bottom