CHEAPEST xP1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speakerman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
DUDES I just got my new 37 gallon tank that I am going to be using for salwater. I have tons of filters...but not any that I want to use for this tank.

Petsmart here in town will pricematch any internet price except auctions.

Where online is the CHEAPEST place to get a Rena Filstar xP1 filter?!?!?!?!

i dont think and XP1 will be enough for a 37 gal tank but u also said it is salt water and from my basic understanding ina saltwater tank most of the filtration is done by live rock. check out www.bigalsonline.com and www.petsmart.com for a start. there are alot of different online retailers but i cant think of any links right now besdies those 2.

Big Al's tends to be the cheapest online vendor. If it is found cheaper elsewhere they will price match and knock off an additional 5%.

mr funktastic said:
i dont think and XP1 will be enough for a 37 gal tank but u also said it is salt water and from my basic understanding ina saltwater tank most of the filtration is done by live rock.

XP1 will do a 45gallon freshwater tank.

Alshain said:
mr funktastic said:
i dont think and XP1 will be enough for a 37 gal tank but u also said it is salt water and from my basic understanding ina saltwater tank most of the filtration is done by live rock.

XP1 will do a 45gallon freshwater tank.

but that really depends on the amount of fish in the tank and not the size of the tank. I agree with mr funktastic that an XP1 will be pushing it for a 37 gal aquarium. An XP2 is 15 bucks more and double the media space. IMO i would get an XP2. Its better to over filter then under filter.

Sounds good to me. I was actually thinking of just getting an xP3 and being done with it. Saltwater tanks are supposed to have a lot of flow...so that's what I am going to give it. lol.

Speakerman said:
Okay sweet, so far the cheapest place is bigals at 58.99. I can print that out, take it to petsmart and get it for that price...nice...

its not that easy, my petsmart also charged me for the online shipping price too. so the $35 50ft python +the cost of shipping ($8something) +tax brought me up to $50

careful, the shipping cost really hits you on bigger items

my local petsmart ,niles,oh, doesn't/hasn't charged me for shipping yet. even if they did charge me for shipping, it's still a lot less then the instore price.

if u order it off big als i believe it is free shipping. and they ship fast aswell. never more than 2 days for me. i would say go with the Xp3 casue i think it like a 10X turn around or more reccomended for salt tanks. that may eliminate the need for a powerhead. i have an XP3 and am in love with it lol. its sooo quite that i can hear my HOB motors over the XP3.

mr funktastic said:
if u order it off big als i believe it is free shipping. and they ship fast aswell. never more than 2 days for me. i would say go with the Xp3 casue i think it like a 10X turn around or more reccomended for salt tanks. that may eliminate the need for a powerhead. i have an XP3 and am in love with it lol. its sooo quite that i can hear my HOB motors over the XP3.

Free shipping!? what have I been missing out on....

They only do Ground UPS which takes the full 7 days to where I live.

really?? they have a contract with one of the shipping companies in my area and i get stuff either next day or 2 days. its amazing becasue big als is 30 min away so i dont mind waiting the 2 days to save on the gas money lol. plus i pricematch everything and get it cheaper from them anyways. i found another canadian online retailer that evryproduct they carry is cheaper than big als.

I've never been charged for shipping at Petsmart. I price match stuff from their website all the time and they don't charge me for shipping. I've saved probobly a grand doing that. Just on parts and filters.

I've pricematched at two different PetSmarts, probably 50 times, and they've never charged me shipping.

Big Als charged me $7.45 to ship a $6.99 thermometer, though.

Back
Top Bottom