Check out these T5HO's for 75gallon. Will they work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it will. Just be sure to get bulbs around the 6500k range.

You will also need carbon and fertilizers in your tank as well.

However, for that price I would suggest some led fixtures instead. You will only spend a little more on the fixture and wont have to replace bulbs.

A single finnex fixture either planted plus 24/7 or ray 2 would give you solid medium light.

Yes it will. Just be sure to get bulbs around the 6500k range.

You will also need carbon and fertilizers in your tank as well.

However, for that price I would suggest some led fixtures instead. You will only spend a little more on the fixture and wont have to replace bulbs.

A single finnex fixture either planted plus 24/7 or ray 2 would give you solid medium light.

Interesting all of the research ive done so far says bulbs need to be 10k and that leds wont work because they dont reach all the way to the substrate. I would prefer a sleek finnex planted plus led with the 24/7 mode if that will grow medium plants. Without sparking a t5 vs led debate, which makes the tank/fish look better? Which makes the plants grow better? Saving money on power bill doesnt really concern me at this moment.

Thanks for the help.

Interesting all of the research ive done so far says bulbs need to be 10k and that leds wont work because they dont reach all the way to the substrate. I would prefer a sleek finnex planted plus led with the 24/7 mode if that will grow medium plants. Without sparking a t5 vs led debate, which makes the tank/fish look better? Which makes the plants grow better? Saving money on power bill doesnt really concern me at this moment.

Thanks for the help.
Not sure where youve been doing your researfh... but i would suggest staying away from those sites..

The 10,000k has a bit too much blue rather than the needed reds. They work, but not as well.

While 1w or less leds will have problems penetrating the water down to the substrate, real plant fixtures (not marineland) use 3w leds which are obscenely powerful and do the job very nicely.

As to what looks better, i would go with leds, they give a neat shimmer effect in the tank.

There shouldnt be any real difference between speed of plant growth between the 2 fixtures. Photons are photons and having the light delivered at the right spectrum isn't going to matter what the source is.

Back
Top Bottom