Check valve question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so in my 36 gal tank I have a 4 valve splitter with a check valve built in. When I unplugged my air pump I noticed the water still filled the Lines a little above the water level... Is the check valve supposed to stop all water from entering the airlines or is that normal... I just don't wanna loose power when I'm not home and find water coming out of the ceiling from upstairs, I would be dead lol.
Thanks for the help
Dan

Ok so in my 36 gal tank I have a 4 valve splitter with a check valve built in. When I unplugged my air pump I noticed the water still filled the Lines a little above the water level... Is the check valve supposed to stop all water from entering the airlines or is that normal... I just don't wanna loose power when I'm not home and find water coming out of the ceiling from upstairs, I would be dead lol.
Thanks for the help
Dan
It's perfectly normal. Water can fill the line right up to the check valve unless you have the pump above the water line, which is not always practical. I have my check valves about 4" from the pump(in the bottom of the cabinet) and have never had a problem....

Back
Top Bottom